Dark

Ava POV

I woke up in a large dark room, the only light coming from the windows. it looked like an abandoned warehouse. I was sitting on a chair, my arms tided behind the back and my legs tided to the legs of the chair. I didn't know how I got there or how long I had been there. I was alone, it was quiet, the only thing I could hear was some piped dripping, the sound of the water seemed to echo round the whole room. 

the door slowly creaked open and a tall man appeared from the dark. he was in all black and had a black face mask over his mouth and a beanie to cover his hair and face. she couldn't recognize him. and then he spoke.

K(kidnapper): ah, your awake.

Ava: who are you? where am I? she yelled and struggled 

the man had a knife in his hand, Ava could see it reflect of the light 

K: I don't think you want to do that. you see, I can hurt you, easily.

Ava: you wouldn't do that. your a coward. that's why you have your face covered. your bluffing 

K: stop talking! stop talking or I will make you!

He walked behind Ava, slowly and lightly dragging the cold metal knife along her heck as he walked. Ava took a deep breath, she winced as the ice cold knife touched her skin. she stayed quiet. The man chuckled and walked out the room playing with the knife as he went.

Connor POV

Because no one in the hospital knew about ava and I's relationship -Well ex-relationship- i was not granted time off after finding out about Ava's kidnapping. All the staff in the hospital was informed about the situation and everyone seemed tense. I told Ms Goodwin that the note must have been addressed to me because I have money and that they probably had a ransom. I was called in to PD to give information about what Ava had done in the days leading up to her going missing, the hoped this would give them some leads.

Jay: Okay, Dr Rhodes can you explain anything you noticed in the days before Dr Bekker's disappearance?

Connor: Yeah, yeah I guess. There was a gala to celebrate the new hybrid OR in the ED, the whole medical board was there, including my father. I was with Dr Bekker that night. I was taken to the side for an interview and left Dr Bekker alone. A few moment later she came up behind me and said she was leaving, I was concerned because she looked upset, so I went after her to ask her what happened. She told me that my father was telling people that she had slept with him for the money for the hybrid OR. I went over to my dad to talk to him but I was so angry that i just punched him in the face and then left with Dr Bekker.

Jay was taking noted through out the conversation and asked if connor knew anything else.

Connor: A couple days later me and Dr Bekker were working the same shift and there was something she said that made me think 'the end justifies the means' that's what she said, so after my shift ended, I went to my father to hear what he had to say. he told me that Dr Bekker came to him and asked him to donate money to the hybrid OR and when he seemed reluctant she seduced him. I told Dr Bekker that I believed my father because what he said sounded true, and now that I say that I didnt even realise that I never even spoke to Av- Dr Bekker or hear her side of everything. 

Connor sighed and placed his hands on face and combed his hair through his fingers. 

Jay: hey it's ok, take your time. is there anything else?

Connor: no. no, that was the last time i saw her.

Jay: Connor, if you don't mind me asking, why were you so affected by Dr Bekker supposedly sleeping with your father?

Connor: *deep breath* because. because we were together. it didn't last long, only a couple months. I broke it off when everything with my father went down 

Jay: and how long after you broke up with her did he go missing?

Connor: Oh God. it was the night before. she went missing the next day

Jay: right, thank you Dr Rhodes this will be a great help in the investigation 

Connor left the Chicago Police Department and headed to his car thinking about what happened, not just what he had told Detective Halstead but everything that happened between him and Ava, what he said to her, what he accused her of. He sat in his car for a few minutes, just thinking. 'is all this my fault?' 'does this have anything to do with my father?' questions kept circling round his mind, he couldn't shake this guilty feeling. 

when he got back to med he was bombarded by Natalie, Maggie and April. "what happened?" "are there ant updates?" "do you know anything new?" "what did Jay say?" they all asked one after the other. He was overwhelmed and stressed, he snapped.

Connor: ENOUGH! I- just. just enough

he walked away leaving all the ED staff in shock especially Natalie, Maggie, April and Will. 

Natalie: something is going on with him

April: yeah I know, he never talks to people like that

Maggie: Well, except Lanik 

Will: Hey guys I think that's enough of that. look, he is obviously affected by this and is struggling, I mean his surgical partner is missing, ok so just, just give him a little break. 

~xx Thank You So Much For Reading xx~