Incoming War

The black gave way to show the image of a building made of red stone.

Ouyang Zizhen hummed in interest, "Nightless City, though it looks different,"

"This is how it looked before the Wen Sect and the cultivation world went to war," Wei WuXian informed.

Wen Qing couldn't help but comment, "Do not be fooled by how bright it is. Living in Qishan is learning to walk on eggshells,"

It shifted again to show Yunmeng and Lotus Pier.

Jiang WanYin and Wei WuXian both sucked in harsh breaths. Jin Ling tilted his head, narrowing his eyes, "Something's off..."

"This was before..." Jiang WanYin exhaled softly, "Before everything,"

Another change, this time, QingHe, followed by Gusu.

Once again, Lan WangJi's breath tightened slightly and Grandmaster Lan looked nostalgic. The two Lan juniors frowned, "The library pavilion is different..."

"What do you mean?" Lan Xichen frowned, "The pavilion looks correct,"

The two Lan's understood, Lan SiZhui checking his father, "Baba, are you and A-Die and ShuShu and Grandmaster Lan going to be alright reliving all of this? A-Die could barely handle it when we watched-"

"A-Yuan," Wei WuXian cut him off quickly, softly shaking his head and Lan SiZhui's lips parted in surprise.

Lan WangJi narrowed his eyes, "Wei Ying?"

Wei WuXian just smiled and rested his head on his husband's shoulder, "It's not important,"

"We'll be fine SiZhui,"Jiang WanYin answered the question, "...we can always close our eyes and turn away,"

Finally, Lanling.

The music began once more and everyone got ready.

"A warning,"

"Wei-xiong, why are you singing again?" Nie Huaisang looked confused.

Wei WuXian shrugged, "I'm the epicenter of a lot of things,"

"How so?" Yu ZiYuan frowned.

Wei WuXian met her gaze, "I won a war for the cultivation world,"

The people of the past stared.

"to the people,"

The scene was showing the GusuLan Lectures, the classroom where all the disciples from various sects were sitting.

"The good,"

The scene showed the sect leaders of the great sects walking up stairs. The only sect missing was Wen Ruohan.

"And the evil,"

Wen Ruohan sat down at a seat above them, the sect leaders of the four great sects glancing up at him with hidden annoyance.

"When is this?" Nie MingJue seethed.

"The archery contest," Lan WangJi responded.

"This is war..."

The scene showed the front of the Sun Palace, a bloody battle taking place as Wen soldiers fought against disciples from other sects. The sound of a dizi was briefly heard over the music but no one could pinpoint it before the scene changed

"A warning,"

A man stood beside Wen Chao, his face serious.

"to the soldier,"