4- Trust

Friday eventually came as Marinette finished the final details on Jagged Stones new costume. It gave off a slight punk-rock essence, which was the theme for his new music video. Marinette made sure that the costume felt like something her client would wear, which is easy considering she's done several commissions for Jagged over the past four months.

     Holding the costume up in front of her, Marinette smiled as she carefully packed it into a decorative box she had previously set out the night before. Picking the box up and grabbing her crossbody purse, Marinette headed out the door with a smile on her face. First stop, the Grand Paris Hotel, then Juleka's house for band practice.

     Entering the hotel and riding up in the elevator, Marinette confidentially walked towards the room where her client was temporarily staying in. She walked past an old enemy of hers, Chloé Bourgeois on the way over there.

     "Oh, if it isn't Marinette Dupain-Cheng. What are you doing here in MY hotel?"

     Marinette internally groaned, "I'm just delivering a commission to my customer, you know Jagged Stone?"

     Chloé briefly nodded, "Well just make sure to stay out of my way for the rest of your visit."

     "I wouldn't have it any other way," Marinette responded as she continued making her way down the hallway.

     Eventually Marinette had made her way to Jagged Stone's hotel room. With the box tucked underneath her arm, Marinette firmly knocked on the door. A few seconds later, Jaggeds assistant, Penny Rolling, opened the door and motioned for Marinette to come in.

     "Ah, I see you have finished up Jaggeds costume," Penny looked at the box and smiled a bit, "He should be in the bathroom right now giving Fang a bath."

     Marinette chuckled, "Alright, I'll wait in the lounge area until he gets done."

     Penny nodded as she quickly rushed off to get Jagged, "Okay."

     Marinette waited a few minutes in the lounge area before Jagged finally arrived with Penny closely behind him. Setting the box down and gently opening it, Marinette pulled out the costume and carefully handed it over to Jagged.

     Jagged gasped, "This costume is totally rock n' roll! The colors, the design, the embroidery, this costume is going to look spectacular in my new music video."

     Marinette smiled, "I knew you would like it."

     "Here is your paycheck for the costume," Jagged said as Penny written out the check and handed it over to Marinette.

     Marinette gasped, "W-Wow...are you sure about this?"

     Jagged gently patted Marinette on the back, "Anything for my honorary niece and favorite costume designer."

     "Thank you very much," Marinette sincerely said.

     "No, thank you for designing a spectacular costume for my new music video on your summer break. It's the least I can do to repay you for your hard work," Jagged gently patted Marinette on her head before turning around, "Have a good day!"

     "You too Jagged, Ms. Penny!" Marinette waved as she quickly rushed out the door, pocketing the check in her purse.

     Making her way out of the hotel room and down the staircase, Marinette quickly made her way towards Juleka's house to attend band practice. She made a mental note to go cash the check at the bank when all of this is done and over with.

     Marinette arrived a few minutes later, rushing onto the ship and nearly tripped on top of an unfamiliar face. Mylene and Rose quickly rushed over to check on Marinette, only for her to shake it all off and look the person she almost tripped on in the eyes.