Chapter 27

Leo

I walk into the room, she's sitting in the bed with a IV in her right arm. she looks over at me and smiles, resting her head back. "hey you" she mutters.

the fuck was that.

"hey tesoro" i whisper grinning at her, "aww thats so cute, call me that again" she gushes. I chuckle shaking my head and walking over to her. "stay back, I have a needle in my arm and im not afraid to use it! wait-" I crash my lips onto hers. hard.

fuck, I thought i'de never get to feel them again.

the machine she's hooked up to starts blaring loudly. I grip onto her jaw tightly as she leans into me. the kiss in raw and angry. the anger mostly from me considering she thinks she's a unicorn right now. I run my other hand up her back tugging her hair, pulling her head back breaking the kiss.

I frown looking into her eyes, they're still really fucking blue. nothing dull nothing different. good. I kiss her lips again, trailing down her jaw. she sighs, leaning into my chest. I look over at the machines, lips still on her skin, I see that her heart rate is increasing, the monitor is still beeping, making me smirk.

"woah" she breathes out when I pull away. i smirk as she rests her head on my shoulder. the monitor dies down, I place on hand on her head and the other around her back, pulling her into me as closely as possible. she looks up at me, blue eyes boring into mine.

"god you're perfect. what the fuck do you see in me?" she mumbles quietly, like she's talking to herself.

I feel a pang in my chest.

you, Valerie Romano are stubborn, a pain in my ass, impulsive, cant take no for an answer, act like you own everything and everyone around you, you're bossy, you suck at loosing, you're a horrible singer, you get on my nerves. you know how to handle business and are a fucking natural born leader. you're loyal to the people you love, you trance anyone who sees you, you don't put up with people and always call them out on their bullshit. you're easily pissed off, you cant talk normally to dogs its always baby talk which annoys the fuck out of me. you can recite every line in 'the sound of music', and you're fucking blue eyes could get me to confess to things I never did.

my index finger finds the bottom of her chin, and tilts her head up. as soon as her eyes fall on me, I smile, a Cheshire Cat fucking smile. she smiles back, her cheeks flush into a light red. I catch a faint dimple in her right cheek that Ive never noticed before. this is going to be my favorite thing to look for now.

she tries to move her position, her arm wrapped around her waist as her face contorts in pain. I feel my jaw tic, "does it hurt?" I try to keep my voice down, but the anger is evident in my tone. "nah" she shrugs, her face relaxing as a smile creeps onto her lips again. "hey, why are you covered in blood?" she questions casually like its water on my shirt not someones blood. I chuckle at her nonchalant manner. "don't worry about it" I mumble, snaking my hand to the back of her neck. I grip it softly, pushing our foreheads together.

"I need the bathroom" she whispers, "ill help you" I pull away and walk closer so I can hold her up. "its okay I can do it. I'm not in that much pain I promise" her voice strains as she tries to get the words out, squeezing her eyes earn she makes one movement getting her fully off the hospital bed. "Valerie you just had surgery, its okay to be in pain, it doesn't make you weak." I breathe out, slipping one hand under her arms, and the other under the back of her knees. I easily lift her into my arms and start walking towards the bathroom.

"I don't want to burden you, even if I just had surgery, I can take care of myself. don't worry about me." she mumbles, resting her head on my shoulder. I freeze in my spot, my eyes dropping to her tired face. my heart feels like its been carved out of my chest, an old memory that springs to mind.