Chapter 46

Naomi

We step out onto the old style balcony by Enzo's office, cigarettes in hand, while the world goes dark. The tips of my fingers tingling at the small proximity of the platform we have squeezed into.

My heels click as I cross my ankles, leaning against the wall, next to Dante. The leather scent coming off his vest making it hard to focus on anything else. I watch as his tattooed fingers grip the roll and he takes a drag, his eyebrows knitted together.

"a few years ago during a meeting, two men planned to trade off money for weaponry. Weaponry that belonged to us, but somehow made quick access to a theif.." His jaw flexes while he speaks. "I was sent to bring back Enzo's property as a favor by the man I worked for" there's a glint in his eyes as he says "my father", a powerful man I know is loved by many, especially his sons. "when Enzo brought me on to work with him, that had been the first comment I made. I told him to bring in more security. He asked me how I knew.." the wind blows my hair to one side while he speaks, my attention set on him as I flick the ash off.

He sucks in another drag before continuing his story, my neck warming at the muscles that almost break through the fabric on his arms. The air suddenly feeling too thin to breathe.

"I told him if hadn't shot the asshole that stole his property, it would be on the black market right now, being sold for half it's worth." I lift an eyebrow, inquiring

"you shot him for stealing weapons he shouldn't have been able to reach?" he looks between my eyes and says "no. I was there to take back the crate and threaten him, I shot him for using a word I didn't like to sell it." That draws out of me a laugh.

"what word was that?"

"cheap" he says it like it was ridiculous, "nothing we do is cheap. Not our stock, not our loyalty, especially not our women." He smiles, exhaling grey.

I nod, "of course not, these dresses cant be found at a shopping mall." He shakes his head. "no. no I don't mean superficially, I mean as women. Classy, calm, intelligent, tough." He steps forward, putting me below the tip of his nose, "our women are classy." He smiles, a gorgeous smile that make my own cheeks hurt when I see it.

He turns his head and puts out his cigarette on the stone railing, before turning back to face me, exhaling smoke as his hands slips up my hips to my waist.

My lips find his in smoke and leather, one of his hands lifts to rest on the side of my face.

I relax into his hold, tugging him in by his dress shirt, "I'm not always this classy" I mumble. He laughs, kissing me again.

"so about that date" he says quietly, My eyes meet his warm brown ones, I smile before planting a kiss against his neck, "ide like about a hundred more"

I nod, "il go on every last one, darling" he groans, fingers digging into my waist. I've found a weakness.