6: Baby

He had dressed her up in a gown and made sure everything was in place. He laid her head on his shoulder after he had fed her the medication he had brought after forcing her to take an apple juice. She liked how close she was to him for the first time in her life. He cuddled her softly and fiddled with her hair as she slept in his arms. All her worries were washed away by the feeling of his skin.

"Are you hungry?" He asked when he heard her yawn against his chest.

"No, Malik. I'm just tried" she said and he held her firmly.

"Sorry Baby" The sound of the word 'Baby' coming from his mouth made her smile. It sounded like melody to her ear. She liked it and the way he made her feel in his arms. She remembered back in the bathroom where he wanted to wash her clean, she felt tingles all over the part of her body where he had laid hands on. He was calm and made her feel serene.

"Thank you for what you had done for me" She said calmly. He pecked her forehead and said "You're Welcome My baby" He said.

"Why do you call me baby?. It sounds funny" She behaved as though she didn't like it.

"Because you are my pet. And my pet are literally my baby's" He said. She chuckled and punched him lightly.

"Good Night, see you in the daylight" She said. He loosened his grip on Her and let her turn around to sleep. He also did the same and soon slept off.

*~*

The sunlight the shone into the room made Oman's eyes twitch. She opened her eyes slowly to find herself in the room where she had slept last night.

"Malik" She called. While scratching her eyes slowly. She opened it again to find a note gummed to her arm. She pulled it off and it read "Sorry I couldn't be there to see your smile. I'll be back Next tomorrow, The guards are waiting for you outside to take you home" The note read, she couldn't help but feel butterflies in her stomach when she had read it. She immediately got up slowly and took her bath. the pain was over and she could walk slowly now.

She got ready and Headed downstairs where she Met Malik's grandma and Kauthar. "Wow you're up so early" Malik's grandma said.

"Good morning Hajiya, It's 9:55AM. Is that early?" She chuckled.

"Well the rest don't come down till 1pm, so this is definitely the earliest Hajiya has seen. Come and Eat, My brother said to feed you with my hands" Kauthar said and Oman immediately flushed red. She walked over to them and sat down.

"You won't be feeding me though, I'd prefer I feed myself" she said calmly with a smile gracing her face.

"Okay, As you wish. Least I forget, we have to leave as soon as you are done eating" Kauthar said.

"We?, Are you leaving along with her?" Hajiya asked.

"Yes Grandma, but I swear I will be back soon" Kauthar said.

"You are going no where, so you want to leave your precious grandmother with those foolish women?" Grandma said.

"Grandma?" Kauthar whined.

"YOU ARE GOING NO WHERE" Grandmother deadpanned. Kauthar pouted as she gave Oman a pleading look.

"Grandma why don't you also come with us, Then you can have both of us to keep you company" Oman said.

"I'd love to. But I want to give you and Malik space to get to know each other. So Kauthar, you can go stay there next month" Hajiya made her point clear to Kauthar who understood where Grandma was heading to and felt defeated, she would have to wait till next month.

Oman who had finished eating her food, cleaned her mouth slowly and stood to her feet. "Kauthar, come let's go tell the other wives I'm leaving today" Oman said and grandma rolled her eyes.

"Don't tell those women nothing, do they even like you to begin with?" Grandma said. "Go home. The driver is awaiting your presence to take you home" Hajiya said. Thus, they both left with Kauthar waving Oman goodbye the moment she sat in the car.

At about 11:55AM, They finally arrived home and Oman was quick to walk out of the car. She didn't even give the guards order on what to offload or leave in the vehicle. She entered into her mansion and could feel the serene that came with it, it felt like home and she loved it. She sat on the chair and a smile washed over her face as she saw a shadow behind her. She knew who it was from the perfume that filed the room, it was strong and so was his breath against her skin the minute he touched her.

"Baby" He said calmly into her ears. She smiled at the mention of the word. She held his arm that wrapped around her collar bone.

"Malik, When did you get here?" She asked calmly.

"Well I came two minutes ago" He walked around and sat very close to her. He laid his head on her lap and stretched His tall legs all the way down the couch.

"Please Fiddle with my hair" He said in the most calmest of voice and she chuckled.

"No I will not, how are my sure you wash your hair. And are you a baby?, get off" She tried to crack a joke that seemed to had made him laugh.

"Of course I do, and yes I am a baby. My mumys baby, she does this for me all the time. She's an..." He paused in his speech and rosed up slowly from her lap. Blinking away the tears that almost came down his eyes, he was a man after all, and men do not cry. He then got up slowly to his feet, without uttering an iota of. He walked away calmly with Oman staring at him, wondering what mistake she must of have done. Did her joke seem to had annoyed him?. She thought, but then she remembered he laughed.

She didn't utter a word and walked over to her room where she laid on her bed hoping for him to come to her happy again, she suddenly slept off and finally had awakened by 4:55Pm. Indeed she had slept for a long time, a sleep that paid for the sleep she had missed the previous night due to the agonizing pain she was going through. She yawned cutely and got off her bed and immediately strolled into the bathroom and took a shower. She later came out 20 minutes later and got dressed in other to go get food from the kitchen. Which she did, she got a plate of spaghetti which was already made by the chef. After filling her roaring stomach, she finally thought of Malik and decided to check up on him in his room. She strolled over there, and knocked calmly on his door.

"Who is it?" She heard his voice loudly. He seemed annoyed.

"It's Oman" She said.

"Go away, Don't disturb me" His voice came out rather very rudely that she had expected. She didn't a word for about a minute and then said "I Hope doing okay though" She sadly said and walked away. Malik knew he made her sad, he had to fix it. He thought.