Troublesome Engines

Well, maybe. But it's certainly not making things any easier for the engines at Tidmouth.

"Disgraceful." Snorted Gordon. "Ever since that little tank engine ran off to run his silly branch line, he's not here to get the coaches for us anymore."

"To be honest, I miss having him around." Retorted Henry. "Not really because he was friendly, but because we could wait until we were ready and then find the coaches at the platform."

"So Thomas isn't here to get the coaches for us. Oh no." Added James. "We have to get the coaches ourselves! I'm tired of all this extra work."

"Well then, where is Märklin?" Said Henry angrily. "I went out of my way to tell him to get our coaches today."

"We barely get any rest anymore." James complained, as he puffed forwards and looked at Henry. "Hey, why do you look so worried, Henry?"

"I'm not worried." Henry shot back. "I just want our coaches at the station."

"Well, It's not raining and it's not going to." Said James. "Get to work, will ya?"

"First of all, I'm not afraid of rain anymore." Remarked Henry. "Second of all, I'm staying here because I've ultimately decided to be repainted back to green. Driver will repaint me soon."

"Ha. Blue is an improvement on you." Said James.

Gordon chuckled as James and Henry argued. Edward pulled up beside them.

"Well you on the other hand look silly enough to be a clown." Replied Henry. "You'd make for a perfect circus attraction."

"Oh, so you've heard the news?" Edward chimed in.

"What news?" Asked Gordon.

"The Topham Circus!" Edward replied. "I've been delivering some special cars. Sir Topham Hatt wants your help too."

Hearing this news, Henry, Gordon, and James practically forgot how to be tired and cross. They went off to help with the shunting.

They saw some of the performers and clowns practicing their acts. The keepers were soothing their animals and helping them practice. The animals seemed happy and content.

And once the circus began midday near Tidmouth sheds, the five engines on Sodor all sat together and watched.

"They sure got themselves up and running fast." Said Henry. "I just hope they treat their animals well."

"Of course they do!" Said Thomas. "Why would they not?"

"It's sadder than you think, Thomas." Edward sighed. "Some circuses did hurt animals."

Thomas was at a loss for words.

"Aww, don't worry Thomas." Said Edward. "This circus isn't like that."

As the engines watched the show, Henry's driver and fireman were repainting Henry back to green, until he was as green as a healthy leaf again.

And once the show was over, the circus was prepared to leave. Henry and Gordon were talking.

"I had just been repainted to my original colour." Henry boasted. "I should pull the train back."

"No. I'm the express. I should pull it." Gordon boasted back.

"Now now," Said the fat controller who stood atop an oil drum. "I have chosen James to pull the train."

"James?!" Henry and Gordon exclaimed together.

WAUGH WAUGH! Then James puffed proudly passed them pulling the circus train. They became jealous and were cross all over again.

Now that just left the animals to be taken care of. The fat controller approached Henry.