Prologue

*Buildings in the background are not drawn by my. Everything else is, however.*

Keomi liked to think she was close with her brother. They were twins. They did everything together. They were always next to one another, they could practically read each other's minds without the need of a quirk, and could almost feel what the other felt. They were always there for one another.

Keomi's quirk was directly from her mom, Kumi. She was the pro hero Monarchy. She had the wings of a monarch butterfly, which she'd used to easily catch up with villains on the run. Keomi got her wings from her- only, her wings were more like her grandmother's. Hers were black and blue, and much larger- the wings of an emperor butterfly.

Kento, however, got a variation of his father's, Shota Aizawa. Just as quirks branch off from their parents, his did just that...

...Only, his branch seemed to be rotten.

His quirk involved sight, just like his dad. Only, he had no control over his quirk. If he were to not be seen by someone after 24 hours, whether it be in person or simply from a photo- that person would completely forget Kento's entire existence. They wouldn't remember a single thing that had to do with him. The quirk even went as far as to replace him with someone else, if he was the focus of a key memory.

Everyone who knew him had to either keep a photo of him on them, or save one on their phone that would be easy to find. Even just a quick glance at a photo would restart the time duration. Simple enough.

That being said, the Aizawa household held many photo's of the happy family on their walls. Walking down their hallway, you'd find barely any empty space- just pictures of the twins smiling or making funny faces. You walk down that hall, and you watch them grow. That hallway of memories is what their house was known for.

The twins were almost always together, but when they weren't, the Keomi always made sure to have a picture of her brother in her pocket, hat, bag, and basically anywhere else she could store one incase she lost the others.

She was paranoid that she'd forget him one day. As far as the Aizawa's knew, once you lost your memories of Kento, there was no getting them back. You'd have to completely start your relationship from scratch... At least, from your side.

So, Keomi even had one sewn inside her favorite stuffed animal incase of emergencies. She never told anyone about it. She didn't know why, but she felt that she shouldn't. What she did know, was if their house ever caught on fire, the stuffed animal would be the first thing she'd grab.

Kumi kept a photo in her favorite bag, and even sewed one into her hero costume- on the inside, just over heart. She kept more in a box on her highest closet shelf. Every photo they printed had a double- which would then go straight into the box. If Kento would make any new friends, she give one to the parent of the child incase they ever lost the one Kento gave them.

Shota kept three pictures at work. One in his desk, another on his desk, and the third was on his podium that sat at the front of his classroom. He had another one stored in his sleeping bag that he took everywhere, one in his wallet, and one on the sun visor in his car.

Even his cousin kept many photos. More than necessary, really. He had plenty lining the walls of his office, some in his house, in his pocket, wallet- even his house key had a printing of Kento's face on it just incase.

Kento was grateful of his family for taking so many precautions. He couldn't stand the thought of them forgetting who he was and all the memories they had made together. He always thought the worst part is that he'd be forced to still remember them all. He wouldn't forget.

He already had to go through his friends forgetting him constantly. Each of his classmates who he had gone to school with since they were in diapers, had forgotten him at least ten times over. Still, he'd always go up to them again, introduce himself as if he never had before, and start from scratch.

As much as it hurt, he never held it against any of them. He hated the thought of everyone he knew having pictures of him. It was weird and uncomfortable. He just felt like a burden...

Some people would try to make friends with him, but when he'd explain his quirk to them and try handing them his pictures, they would laugh and call him ridiculous, or attention seeking- pathetic even. He understood, though.

He thought the same.