Part 2

Ding, went the bell, alerting the customers of a new arrival. In came a stunning Black woman with green emerald eyes and long braided hair. Her name was Marci, and she was studying nursing at Sorbonne University. She was a frequent visitor of this little bookshop, as she found the cozy atmosphere perfect for studying.

      "Salut!" Marci called, knowing that Rem was around somewhere and would eventually come and talk to her; they had become good friends over the years that she had been making her appearance here so she knew of his ways. As she walked by she gave Henri a pet on the head, grinning at his meow of pleasure.

      "Allo," Rem says as he appears from behind a large bookshelf, restacking a tower of books that had finally fallen over (she and Louis had been betting on when it would keel, he would be pissed). "Do you need one of the medicine textbooks, or did you actually remember yours?" he teased.

       "Actually, I don't need it this time!" Marci replied, pulling out a giant mannequin cadaver that she was using for anatomy, along with a scalpel.

      "That doesn't make me nervous at all" Remy said; Marci looked backed at him with a glare, but then spotted somebody with auburn hair, a spatter of freckles, bright aquamarine blue eyes, a bright red beret, and holding a cup of cafe with a camera swinging at her hip; she seemed to be looking in the romance section (Marci guessed this because of the spines that her eyes passed       over as well as the covers) and had a starstruck look upon her face, eyes not entirely focused upon the books in front of her. Marci guessed this was her first time in and first time ordering a drink.

       "Who's that?"she asked Remy, who was struggling greatly to get a smudge out of his glasses. He gave up and looked to the person Marci was pointing to.

      "Oh, that's Camille, it was her first time in and she's still a little bit fazed, though it was nothing compared to what you did; spending hours peering under the island and all the machines for any sign of prodigal programming" Rem laughed at Marci.

      "Well what can I say, it's weird and unnatural."

      "I guess, you might like her by the way" he gave her a wink, except Rem couldn't really wink, so it was more of an awkward blink.

      "Point taken, and also, don't wink, you look mentally insane" she told Rem, who shrugged in response.

      "I'm going to go meet her, you can finish restacking books."

      "D'accord," Marci waved and made her way towards Camille, and by the time she looked back to see if he was still standing there, he had already vanished.