Part 5

"Bonjour, I'm back" Marci made her way back to Camille. "A little bird also told me that some great romance recommendations are anything by Casey McQuiston or Emily Henry" she smiled at Camille.

      "Merci, beaucoup," she started to scan the shelves for the letters H and M, "was your 'little bird' by any chance Remy, because a moment ago you seemed completely lost."

      "Maybe, but that wasn't why I snagged him; he's been acting like a moody middle schooler for the last few weeks, so I attempted to smack some sense into him, not literally of course" Marci laughed.

      "Ooh do tell" Camille raised one eyebrow mischievously, "I live for drama."

      "It's not your typical 'drama', when anything happens even remotely to Rem, he gets all mopey and sad, somehow it's worse because he uses the most depressing eyes in the world," she pretended to show Camille, but of course they weren't even close.

      "Wow, I see what you mean."

      "Yeah, but they're way more depressing, it physically hurts you to stare."

      "Ouch, and by the way does it have to do anything with Louis" Camille asked, raising the same eyebrow at Marci.

      "Exactement," then Marci told the story to Camille, possibly exaggerating how both of them were absolutely besotted with each other for years and years, but never could express their feelings. She definitely overstated how she, Marci, was the one that both of them chose to confide their feelings onto, how she was the chosen messenger.

      "And that," she finished, "is the treacherous and tragic story of Remy Lefton and Louis Borverre."

      "Bravo!" Camille pressed a hand to her heart and pretended to sob as she also managed to give Marci a round of applause. "That was incredible, you should come and work on set with me one day."

      Marci's heart about took flight out of her chest all because of pure ecstasy, on set?! With Camille! "Yeah," she said instead, "that would be nice."She smiled at Camille as she watched her still try to find the dratted romance books in the doomed Dewey Decimal System that the bookshop had apparently chosen as a good way to organize the unorganized shelves.

      "Aha!" Camille shot up from where she was crouched, "I found one!" In her hand was a copy of Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. "Finally," she let out a relieved sigh, "I thought it might take me forever to find it. I wouldn't mind that at all, thought Marci with a smile. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I'm still looking for critiques! If you notice anything at all, please comment! Thanks so much for reading!