Part 19

One Week Later

The Cathedral had started to rebuild. And so had they. Right now everybody was walking down the street, joking and laughing, but with a resigned tone. Remy had suggested that they all go down and get a good look at what really remained of the bookshop.

  So now they were standing at the ruins of what was once such a magical place, it was so much more than a bookstore, it symbolized family, and home.

  The night of the fire, they had thought that what remained was only stubborn pieces of wood and books that were so full of water they refused to ignite. But they were wrong.

  "What's that?" Louis pointed, he stepped over what had previously been bookshelves and pulled out another hidden piece of wood that had only the barest touch of charcoal. He pulled it out and on it read 'The Bookshop' in almost perfect condition.

  Camille laughed breathlessly, "it's still here, I knew that magic wouldn't willingly go out."

  "It stuck around," Remy whispered, "it really did."

  They picked up the sign and carried it back to Sam's messy, plant filled apartment with her saxophone lying almost scandalously on her couch. Henri meowed as they walked in, he was currently living with Remy and Louis, but he would yowl insistently until they took him with them, so that's why he moved around practically everywhere. After everybody got settled, they tried to figure out where they could keep the sign.

  "Should we open a new bookstore?" Camille asked.

  "We're all broke," Remy replied, running a hand through his hair.

  "True." This was Sam.

  "Well, is there anywhere else that is somehow connected to the bookstore?" 

  "Wait!" Remy jumped up and grabbing the sign out of Sam's hands he practically sprinted out of her apartment.

  "Where are you going!?" Louis shouted after him. Remy didn't answer.