Chapter 10

**ISABELLE**

I just kept running. I could feel him running after me as I left the party. I wanted to stay but I couldn't.

I needed to run, I was falling madly in love with my mate and I find out this way. He wasn't going to tell me!

I felt my dress shred to pieces. Usually clothes stay but this time I was so mad, I ripped it apart with my hands, my face stained by my make up as my make up ran down and felt my body shift into my glorious wolf form.

My wolf and I just needed to get over this to be ok, we needed to be alone

I could feel his worry for me, he didn't want me to leave him but I needed to be away from him otherwise I would say something I would regret.

'Baby' I could hear him say through our mind link

I didn't answer I just kept running, we were in pain.

'I wasn't sure if I would find you, it was before you came along' he says to me. I didn't say anything back, I was withholding secrets from him about why I left my old pack, why I feel like I can't go back

I need to tell him, I have to tell him

'I know, you have to understand I need to get over this, I need to be alone' I say

'At least you are talking to me... But I don't want you to be alone, I'll send Blake out to come get'

I cut him off

'Xavier please I need to be alone' That was the last thing I said before closing the link.

I'm not sure what time it was but my legs felt like they could keep going, like they needed to keep going as I ran around the territory borders

I was focussing on running when I heard a noise snapping me to use my other senses that I realise now I wasn't using.

I saw a young man with a gun directing it at me. Shit! I bolted when I heard a few gun shots in the air. I kept running when I neared mine and Xavier's home.

I tried to shift but I couldn't. I felt drowsy, I tried to shift back but I couldn't. I sniffed around and smelt blood, my blood.

'Call for him' she said 'You need to shift back'

I smelt again 'There's silver' This is so fucked up right now! I always hated delayed pain, the adrenaline died down and all of a sudden I was in pain causing a howl to erupt from my lips.

**NARRATOR**

Ariana sat on the phone with her mother in her husband office

"Why didn't you go mum?" She asks her as she stares at photos of her daughter on the computer. Trying to imagine how beautiful she would look at the alphas birthday.

"Honey, I'm too old for these kids birthdays, I can't keep up with them"

Ariana suddenly felt a violent chill run up her spine. The only time she ever felt like this was if one of her pups was in pain.

"Sweetheart are you ok?" Odelia asks when Darius bursts through the door

"Did you feel that?" He asks

"Are the boys ok?" She asks when their eyes widen "Mum is Isabelle ok? Can someone please make sure she is ok"

Odelia can sense her worry for her granddaughter through the phone

"I think she's in trouble mum" Ariana says "She called for me, I'll be on the next plane in"

"No sweetheart, I have it under control, Blake is checking up on it"