1- Run Away~~

San Diego, California

"I can't take it anymore, I don't have to keep dealing with this." Those were the last words she told my dad before she left us. not long after my dad found another woman, she was probably twice as bad as my mom was. Her son Andrew, I can't begin to tell you the things that I went through because of him. at this moment I had to do the same thing my mother did.

LEAVE

"Desiy please what are you doing?" watching me walk back and forth from my closet to the suitcase on my bed my dad trying to figure out the situation.

"I'm leaving dad, I can't stand it here anymore". his reaction was similar to when my mom told him she was leaving but this time he actually looked hurt.

"you can't leave, you have nowhere to go. Yeah sure you can leave now but you'll end up coming back in a week." he seemed to really believe what he said, but what makes him think I'm staying in the country?

" Dad...,I'm not coming back I'm 18 years old I can manage myself from now on." not spearing him a look I zipped up my suitcase and grabbed my backpack.

Making my way downstairs to the front door he grabbed my wrist preventing me from stepping out of the house. " let me go" speaking in a calm tone trying not to get rattled up. I don't want to end things on bad terms with my dad or at least in a worse term than it already is.

" Destiny Rose Garcia I won't let you leave too, your mother-" before he could continue I cut him off.

" My mother was lucky enough to leave way before you actually started to fuck things up. For god's sake, you don't even know what happens under your own god damn roof do you?" Feeling my blood rising just staring at him and the two others in the room, I was so done with it all I just couldn't handle it.

"Destiny come let's just talk it out, were family sweet-" there she goes with the whole family shit

"YOU'LL NEVER BE MY FAMILY!!! the moment you showed up here you been nothing but an annoyance." as my sentence end the sound of skin-to-skin contact was ringing in my ears.

For the first time in my life, my father had hit me, in that moment it felt like my consideration went blind and I let it all out.

" You fucking bastard I've been through hell in out because of your so-called family!!! so guess what I'm since I'm leaving why don't I just telling you everything." looking at them all just standing there with fear in their eyes gave me satisfaction as if they thought who's secrets is she going to reveal first.

"Firstly I would like you to know that your beloved wife has been cheating on you with your best friend! Yeah, I bet you didn't know that" all he did at that moment was stare back at her with hatred in his eyes

"And you see your amazing son? Andrew?" I said as It killed me inside to say this out loud " H...he's been sexually harassing me" I could feel my tears threatening to spill but I kept it in and that's when I decided to say the final words.

"I can't take it anymore, I don't have to keep dealing with this." I turned around and walked out just like that.

Where was I going to go? I wasn't really sure myself, prior to this I had looked at my mother's old journals and she always talked about south Korea. It was her dream to go there so I had bought a one-way ticket to Seoul, I just wanted to getaway.

Even if I don't find my mom I feel free from all my problems. This was finally time for me to see life with a new perspective and live the way I want. The last thing I knew I was sitting on a plane in the air thousands of miles away from my anxiety.

"I'm free" I whispered those words before shutting my eyes and falling asleep.

708 words