5

"What do you think?" Shaina asked.

We were sitting leisurely to our usual place in the Gazebo. She was asking if she would accept the invite of Ford. His family will have a family vacation at Christmas and he wants to take Shaina with him. She was hesitating because she once met his mom during her birthday and she said she was very strict and serious. She can't even stand firmly beside her because she's too intimidating.

"Hindi ko ata kayang makasama sa isang lugar 'yong nanay niya for 3 days. No kidding Sham, the way she brings herself makes you want to hide in a corner. You'd be scared with just her eyes, she don't have to talk much." She said with her full expression.

"I don't know if I should believe you. You're so good at exaggerating things."

Masama niya akong tinignan. "Hindi ah. Parang lahat ng bagay alam niya. Nakakatakot tuloy magkamali."

I shrugged. "Did you tell Ford about what you feel about his mom?"

She nodded. "Of course, he knows it all."

"What did he said?"

"He said that her mom was just always like that and there's nothing to fear about daw."

"He wasn't offended?"

"Why would he be? That's what I feel," She nonchalantly said.

"Kaya nga, you're so lucky to find a man who understands how your blunt mind works."

"I know," she cheekily said.

I saw Nick walking at the hallway, I waved my hands at him. Shaina looked at him too but I saw how she rolled her eyes. Nick made his way towards us.

"Hey, girls talk?" Sabi niya habang nakapameywang sa harap namin.

"You can say that," I said.

He smiled at me. I saw Shaina looking at him with narrowed eyes.

"Hindi ka na dumadalaw ah," Sabi ni Shaina kay Nick. Medyo di ko pa naintindihan sa una, pero ano pa bang usual na pinag-uusapan nila.

"Got busy with school, and besides I already told y'all I need time to fix myself." He jokingly said.

Shaina rolled her eyes while I was laughing at him.

"Tigilan mo nga ako. Ang sabihin mo nagpapalakas ka sa isa diyan," tinignan ako ni Shaina. Tinaasan ko naman siya ng kilay.

"Why are you so invested on someone else's life? Just go take care of Ford," he said smirking

"Kaya nga," I agreed.

Umirap si Shaina at masamang tinignan si Nick. " Ah talaga ba Nick? Hirap bang maging torpe?"

Tumawa si Nick. "Kung ano na naman lumalabas sa bibig mo Shaina. Ipa-disinfect mo na 'yan." Sabi ni Nick at sabay kaming natawa. Nakasimangot lang si Shaina at masama ang tingin sa aming dalawa. Nick and Shaina's Kickups is a different kind of entertainment.

"Una na ako, may next class pa ako." Paalam ni Nick.

"Buti pa. Wala kang magandang nasasabi." Sagot na naman ni Shaina.

Tumawa lang si Nick bago nagsimulang maglakad paalis.

"It's Joshua's birthday later. You should come!" Sigaw ni Shaina kahit medyo malayo na si Nick.

Humarap siya at ngumisi kay Shaina.

"I'll check my schedule."

Shaina rolled her eyes again. I'm worried of her eyeballs.