7

I woke up at 5:30 in the morning. I had only 3 hours of sleep. My body clock just never fail.

Hindi ako makatulog kagabi. Ginawa ko na lahat ng nakita ko sa internet. Uminom na ako ng gatas, nagbasa ng libro, I even dimmed my lights, pero wala talaga eh. Kahit anong gawin mo, kung marami ang tumatakbo sa isip mo, hindi ka parin makakapagpahinga.

There were a lot of thoughts inside my head. I tried not to think about him and what he said because finals is coming up and I need to give my full attention to it, but I just can't keep him out of my thoughts.

I can't say I don't feel anything for him because I would immediately turn him down if I don't like being around him. I just don't know what to call this feeling, it's too early to say that I like him in "that way". We just knew each other and we barely know anything about each other.

Since, I can't sleep, I decided to read my accounting book but eventually gave up because I can't understand what I'm reading. I just spend my time staring at my ceiling. I didn't know when I fell asleep, but I know it's already really late.

I stood up and fixed my bed. I went to the bathroom and washed up. Then went down to have my breakfast.

I saw dad spreading butter to his pancake. His favorite breakfast. He was wearing his business suit without the outer coat.

He looked at me then smiled.

"Good morning!" He said.

Lumapit ako at humalik sa pisngi niya. "Good morning!"

Pumunta ako sa kitchen counter at nagtimpla ng kape. I sat down and took a piece of bread and put an egg and hotdog on my plate.

"Diba sa Monday na finals niyo Sham?" Sabi ni dad habang hinihiwa yung pancake.

I sipped my coffee first before answering.

"Yes Dad, actually I will spend this day reviewing. I have a lot to catch up eh,"

Tumatango-tango siya habang kumakain.

"Sounds productive. But don't overfeed your brain, you'll end up forgetting it."

"Noted." I stuffed the hotdog at the bread and ate. "Will you come home later?"

"Yeah, most probably." He said while wiping the side of his mouth. "I have to go, Sham."

I nodded. He walked towards me and kissed my head.

"Remember to eat on time. I love you." He said and hugged my side.

I put down my fork and hugged him too.

"Love you, Dad."

He broke from the hug and wore his outer coat. I saw that his necktie was crooked so I walked to his side and fixed it for him.

"You're already this old, but you still can't wear your necktie properly." Pang-aasar ko.

"You're mom used to this for me. Im not that good with this." He said.

I looked up and saw him smiling. His eyes wasn't sad but wasn't happy either. It reflected love, there's no longing, but there's love.

"Then let me do the honor and fix this for you everyday. How about that." Sabi ko ng nakangiti.

Bahagya siyang tumawa at ginulo ang buhok ko.

"You don't have to but thank you." He said. "Continue to eat your breakfast and I'll have to go."

Tumango ulit ako at bumalik sa pag-upo. He waved his hand and walked outside.

Ilang minuto pa ay nakita ko si Ate Lena na pumasok sa loob ng bahay. Siguro galing siya sa likod, naglalaba.