🆂🅿🅴🅻🅻🅱🅾🆄🅽🅳

Bondita cycled all the way from Krishnangar to Tulsipur leading through toilsome shortcuts. the morning's busy schedule has not yet started . It was early When she reached Roy Chowdhury Mansion. The mansion was quiet and dark indicating everyone there indulged in deep sleep . only one person was there outside, Bihari ..sweeping off the frontyard of the mansion. On seeing a cycle heading its way he adjusted his spectacles to see a figure riding it with a black shawl wrapped covering its head. He couldn't fathom out so came forward to see the person. To his dismay he found it to be Vaijyanti...

"Vaijyanti jee you here at this odd hour ?" Bihari babu asked being skeptical.

"Bihari babu... Please call Barister babu. Tell him it's urgent. " Bondita requested panting hard.

............................................................................

"Chote malik chote malik "

Anirudh's woke upon hearing his name and a knock on the door. He got up from the bed keeping the frame which had Bondita's picture inside his cupboard and went to open the door adjusting his spectacles.

Yes Bihari what is it ?

Ummm Chote malik Baijyanti jee is waiting for you .

Vaijyanti ? Anirudh frowned at the name ... At this odd hour ? What time is it ..? 5 :00 am ...what is this girl doing at this time ? Anirudh questioned while wearing his house coat .

"I don't know chote malik ...but she said it's urgent. " Bihari went down strains leaving Anirudh in thoughts.

"Urgent she said."

Anirudh rushed to his study . Vaijyanti must be in some trouble for which she has to come at an odd hour. It's so unusual for a chirpy fun loving girl like her to fall in such stress that she has to seek help from a barister.

Clouded in his thoughts Anirudh entered in his study only to get stunned of the view.

Bihari has opened the big window for the light to invade the darkness of the room . As the streaks of golden sunrays entered the window falling on Vaijyanti.

Unlike other days She was wearing a light pink shiffon saree pleated perfectly to her shoulder which made her hourglass figure look more prominent. Ditching the batik sleeve... She adorned sleeveless victorian cut blouse putting cherry on cake. Contrary to her ususal accessories ...she was wearing no gold jewellery but pearl studs only. Her hands were devoid of any bangles ....revealing her wheatish soft arms ...which turned golden with sunlight falling upon her.

Her waist peeped through her saree ....showing the delicate curve of her body...

Her face was fresh as daisy devoid of any kajal or bindi ......her hair tied lose ...as it was wet.

All in all ....she was looking divine and ravishing . Her no make up look and simple saree unintentionally make her look seductive .

Anirudh stood at the doorstep . his eyes were steady and his mouth open...today... Vaijyanti has dressed to kill the stubbornness in him it seemed. But to him she was not looking like the Vaijyanti he knew ,but someone else ...in his mind he thought " Does my Bondita look like this "
He has always imagined Bondita to dress up exactly like this ...with the fusion of western and ethical look .

He can't deny that Vaijyanti looks irresistibly beautiful and he was at the loss of words how to describe her beauty.

Bondita on the other hand studied Anirudh's expression... She smiled in her mind but this was not time to relish his reaction. She snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Barister Babu ....I have come here to seek one permission "

Anirudh who was in a trance...got hold of the reality. He cleared his throat and asked Vaijyanti what she wants.

"Barister babu ....I need to take leave for some days."

Anirudh frowned " That's it ? You could have sent a letter instead. "

"No it's because I will be going out of town today "

"Is everything Alright Vaijyanti ? You seem very tensed " Anirudh asked as he could sense restlessness on her face.

Bondita stood quiet for a while and then asked " Barister babu... You are a great Barister... You have done lot for women ...what's your take on polygamy "

P-o-l-y-g-a-m-y

A heavy term to be coming out of Vaijyanti's mouth ....as Anirudh has an idea that she has come to learn so that she can have the basic education to get married.

Anirudh stood there thinking about it ...when suddenly Bondita's pleading crying face flashed in front of his eyes ..begging him not to marry Manorama. He clenched his jaw thinking what blunder he once did in his life that shook Bondita to the core .

" A toxic way to show off masculinity. A crime in itself " he answered with his eyes positioned on his reflection on the cupboard glass.

"Hmmmm....but if it's wrong then why no law has come to stop this ? "

"Well....me and other social workers are trying our level best to put an end to the unlawful wedding practise... But this will not come so easily Vaijyanti... I myself have proposed ...but things got delayed and rejected....due to the uproar it created in the society..." Anirudh sighed... "But why are you asking these questions "....it was so unnatural for Vaijyanti to ask such serious questions.... As all the time she continues blabbering unnecessary things. Anirudh couldn't make any connection to today's Vaijyanti...

" no...nothing... " Vaijyanti stammered .

Soon she came towards Anirudh and took his blessings making him startled for a while

"Barister babu.... I need to leave now. I have to get the earliest train today " Vaijyanti hurried and was about to leave when Anirudh stopped her

"How will you go ?"

"I got my cycle "

"I'll drop you to the station. "

"Ille...please don't bother Barister babu ...you already did so much for me .."

"Don't be adamant Bondita i'll drop you . wait !!" Anirudh rushed out of his study to quickly change .leaving Vaijyanti stood numb .

"Did he call me Bondita ? " she gasped of what she heard seconds ago .