ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ

Bondita got off the train to notice the station to be deserted and silent. The gas pole lights flicked its movement making the atmosphere more spooky. She covered her face cautiously with her shawl and looked here and there. In the sheath of darkness Bondita tried to gauge her surroundings looking for a figure or two in the deserted station...and guessed some lying on the platform covered in Blanket. She tried to check the time...but due to insufficiency of light she couldn't see her wrist watch properly... Hence not being able to comprehend the time.

The spine tingling atmosphere and the silence in the air made her heart race against time. Not wasting a moment she walked steadily towards the exit of the station trusting her intuition.

There will be no vehicle available right now....and walking to Das Bari will take her an hour or two . As she approached close towards the exit ... Her gut feeling made her turn around sensing someone to follow her. She turned back and paced her speed to run as fast as she could .

"Bondita " .... She almost jumped in fear ...trying to decode from where the voice came...when all of a sudden she felt a tug on her hand .....and the next moment she was pinned against a wall... She tried to shout but a strong hand pressed on her lips..quitening her .

Bondita's eyes widened and her voice muffled beneath the strong cold palm..a warm breath hovered over her eyes and nose making her scared .... The dark silhouette leaned closer while Bondita continued her futile resistance in it's strong embrace...

"Bondita.... It's me...Chandrachur !!!!"

He hushed as he removed his hand from her lips but his body still clinging on her petty frame.

"Jamai babu you....at this odd hour ....!!!" She exclaimed while pushing him away from her . Chandrachur was in a trance....this was the first time he has been so close to her... A sensation flowed down his spine upon feeling the softness of her lips on his palm...he could sense his desires to uprise , Bondita's scent was intoxicating him to awaken the treasured craving. He couldn't imagine what would it be like when he will finally get her in seclusion...

"Jamaibabu.....how do you I am coming tonight ? " Chandrachur came out of his dream land when Bondita asked him again... He grabbed her hand instead and sneaked her carefully towards his jeep ..." I was waiting for you Bondita.... Everyday with a hope that you will return...but now we don't have much time.. I'll answer all your questions once we reach Chandannagar. "

"Chandannagar??? " Bondita startled... Both haulted in front of the jeep...with few guards boarded on. "Why do I need to go to Chandannagar ? "

Chandrachur directed her to get in the jeep but Bondita was adamant..."I'll tell you everything... Right now get in the car !!!" He sternly commanded Bondita.

............................................................................

It was a full moon night....an uncanny silence prevailed over the terrain of Rural Bengal. Only the buzzing of Cricket and hooting of owl could be heard. A man wrapped in a shawl rushed towards the group of men ...who were waiting for him.

"Babu !!!!"..... He exclaimed... Running out of breath ....." They are coming !!!"

"You sure ? " Bhanu asked chewing cheap tobacco...

"Yes babu ....I was in the station... Pretending to sleep. When I saw a woman coming down off the last train from the city. I followed her to see her getting on a jeep ...babu I took a short cut that's why I could reach here early ...but they will go from here only this is the common way to go anywhere. "