𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ✔️

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The New Norm

THE INSTITUTE WAS THE SANCTUARY OF THE SHADOW HUNTERS. The place where missions were allocated and beginners were taught to defend themselves and oppose others. These people were and are the defenders against everything evil. They fight and have fort demons that induced havoc, taken down the worst of villains and have upheld the honour of the clave.

There once was an era where not all shadow hunters were pure in heart and mind. A generation of shadow hunters whose only mission was to find the mortal cup and control the whole realm. They were dark-hearted and shallow-minded, a group who fort only for themselves. Those shadow hunters were lead by the blackest of hearts and the sickest of minds. Valentine Morgenstern.

But now those days were over and the institute had subsided to doing the more simplistic jobs—as simple as they could get anyway. For instance, there was tonight when the faction of four shadow hunters had been set a new mission by the clave—to find out who was taking Mundane blood and who wished for it.

Arya was on the ridge of a building, at least 100 feet tall. The lofty winds were whipping at her long dark brown hair which streamed in curls down her back, nipping at her exposed arms. The rest of her was covered in a tight pair of black jeans and a skimpy, revealing black tank top. Her stele was slipped into her pocket and her naginata—with daggers made from Adamas on either end—was closed up and concealed in the inside pocket of her jeans.

She spotted Izzy on the building opposite her, her platinum wig making it evident that it was her—had her invisibility rune not been activated then the people on the streets would have easily seen her too. The two shared a smirk before running and flipping onto the bridge linking the two buildings—forming the street which lead to the pandemonium belowthe place they were headed.

Below them, Arya spotted Alec knelt with his quiver on his back and bow in his hand, an arrow pulled—ready to fire. His strong arms flexing as he pulled it back in defence. She only realised she had been staring for too long when Izzy had gently nudged her and expressed to her a knowing smirk—which she didn't appreciate. She also caught the eye of Jace who was sauntering along the narrow pathway of balconies that were connected to the buildings, his sword in hand.

All in unison, the four shared a glimpse and a quick nod before they all flipped and jumped off either the bridges or the balconies, before rejoining as a quartet on the street again, the two girls in front and the two boys in tow. Alec eyed Arya up and down—unbeknownst to her, he shared a smirk with Jace as they carried down, splitting up to keep a better eye on the demon which proceeded to change identity.