Chapter Four

He was not overly human-looking. He examined himself in a piece of glass a while later and prodded at his face. There was just something not right about it, he decided. In the way his nose almost sunk into his cheekbones and the way his lips were thin and pale. His skin was blueish and his eyes seemed too wide. He could spend far longer than humans could without blinking. He had long, dark hair and it's tips stopped and curled just past his shoulders. He decided he didn't really like his face and it wasn't a wonder that his sharp-toothed smile made Steve afraid.

He was hungry again sooner than he would have been had he eaten human, and it was only a few days later when he wanted to eat. He tried another shark, but he couldn't stomach it, so he caught a few smaller fish periodically to chew on. They had so many small bones that Bucky thought there was more bone than meat and he cut himself trying to dig bones out from in between his teeth. He'd have to eat something substantial soon, he thought. He couldn't live on this and he was starting to feel ill.

He'd have to catch a human and try not to imagine he was Steve while he ate him.

I'm gonna post two chapters today in honor of the reception the story has received on this and other sites! (And bc this one is particularly short XD ) Thanks for reading!

-BlitheBells