Chapter 9.

It's been two weeks since Matt and I got together and it's been two weeks since I've talked to Sammy.
Matt and I have practically been inseparable, well on the weekends at least since he has practice like EVERY day.

"Aye Nate!" Matt yelled as we entered the school doors hand in hand. My head shot up as I looked in the direction that Matt was smiling in. Nate's too old to be here, what the fuck? He pulled me along as he greeted both Nate and Sammy. He released my hand so I could hug Nate and tell him hi. Soon Matt began to talk to Nate about an upcoming party at Gilinsky's tomorrow night.

I looked down at the ground but I could still feel Sammy's eyes staring at me.
I wasn't planning on going to the party, but I wasn't sure how to break that to Matt. I looked up at Matt when I heard him say my name, "what?"
He chuckled, "I said, we should go to the party tomorrow night?" I just nodded my head and peered over at Sammy whose jaw clenched immediately when we locked eyes.

"LEX!" Ebony yelled from her locker, waving at me to come over. I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked up to Matt and placed my hand on his back, "Babe, I'm gonna go with Ebony. I'll see you later, okay?" He turned around to face me before nodding and pulling me in close to him, "We're still on for after school right?" I gently grabbed a hold of his face and pulled his lips to mine. I giggled when he pulled away, "Of course, you dumb jock."

I rushed over to Ebony. I could feel a pair of eyes on me the whole time and I knew exactly who it was. "thank you so much Eb!" She smiled and threw an arm around me as we started walking to our first class, "Of course! Sammy's eyes were glued on you, he needs to chill with that." We both laughed and took our seats at our lab table.

-

It was Friday and although Matt had a game, he was also coming over after.
I smiled as I looked at myself in my mirror, pleased with how I looked, especially with Matt's number (81) written on my cheek. "MAYA! Are you ready?!" I screamed at my sister as I walked down the stairs. She walked out of the kitchen and stared at me, "I've been ready for a good ten minutes..." I typed out a text message to Matt as we headed out the door and into my car.

Once we got to the football field and sat in our seats Maya stood up, looking at her phone. "Where are you going?" I asked as she started to walk away. "With my friends.." My mouth dropped, "and I'm just supposed to stay here by myself?!" She turned and looked at me with a face that clearly said 'Obviously, stupid'.

-

It was already time for the halftime show when I saw Gilinsky, Johnson, Nate, Cameron, and Sammy walking up the bleachers looking for a seat.
I looked down at my feet hoping that they wouldn't see me.
I was disappointed when I heard Cameron's loud voice saying, "AYEEE! LEXI!" The boys rushed over to me and sat down. "I didn't know you were coming to the game, why didn't you tell me?" Gilinsky asked furrowing his eyebrows. "I figured you'd know.."
Sammy didn't take his eyes off of the field when he spat out, "Her boyfriend IS the new star running back remember?" Johnson leaned over Gilinsky who was sitting next to me and put a finger to my cheek, "Aw you have his number on your face. Goals."
I couldn't help but laugh at how lame he was. The rest of the game was completely awkward, especially when Nate got a call and had to leave because that caused Sammy to be the one sitting right next to me, on my right side.

Throughout most of the fourth quarter Sam's phone kept lighting up, from what I could see it was more than one girl texting him. I felt my face heat up a little in frustration every time his phone said a different girls name.

Eventually, my phone lit up in my hand too and although I tried my hardest not to pay attention to it, I eventually gave in and looked.
1 text message from: Sammy.
"we ever gonna talk?"
I texted him back:
"Idk."
And then shoved my phone in my purse.