Rebels 1x10 extra scene

Disclaimer: I don't own star wars or anything relating to star wars. This is just fanfiction for fans enjoyment. 

 Kanan smiled, he didn't expect Ezra to get a lightsaber crystal. He was just hoping that Ezra would find some closure but he was glad that his padawan was excelling in his studies. Kanan patted Ezra's shoulder as he opened the hatch and climbed down the ladder to meet the team. Hera greeted her love with a hug and then Ezra came down.

"So how did the jedi quest-thing go?" Zeb asked. He didn't really know much about the Jedi stuff Kanan and Ezra were always doing. Kanan shared a quick look with Ezra and then smiled.

"It went better than expected," Kanan admitted.

"What does that mean?" Sabine asked. Ezra smirked as he opened his fist to reveal the small blue crystal. Hera's expression became one of surprise as she recognized the small item.

"What's that?" Zeb chuckled. "Some jedi fruit seed." Sabine rolled her eyes at Zeb's foolish remark.

"Maybe I won't tell you now." Ezra teased back and Zeb crossed his arms.

"Seriously Ezra, what is it?" Sabine asked in a friendly tone.

"It's a lightsaber crystal," Kanan answered and Sabine's eyes grew wide.

"Wait, does this mean you can make your own lightsaber Ezra?" Sabine uncrossed her arms with a surprised look.

"Yeah, once I get enough parts." Ezra grinned, proudly.

"The kid's getting his own saber?" Zeb repeated. "That isn't dangerous at all."

"It's a big step, but one that Ezra is ready for." Kanan looked at his padawan with pride.

"We're happy for you Ezra, and proud." Hera said, giving him a hug. Ezra smiled sincerely as Zeb and Sabine nodded and agreed with Hera.

"Yeah, congrats kid." Zeb congratulated. Sabine hugged Ezra and he looked at the crew, his new family and he couldn't help but feel as though he finally belonged.

Really, really short, but I got a Rebels AU coming soon. Anyways thanks for reading.