[01] -Fiancè

A/n
I know Bucky already "proposed" but for the sake of this chapter which a wrote a while ago Bucky's going to be officially proposing.

3 months old

Sammy and James had just started sleeping six hours at night, and you and Bucky rejoiced in the fact that you had your sleeping schedule back. Bucky had a mission coming up in the next month and you were hoping you guys could get back into the swing of things romantically, if you know what i mean, before he headed out to a different state.

You walked around the kitchen at 6:30AM, getting yours and Bucky's coffee ready as you began your morning routine as always. Sammy had woken up at six, which is her usual time and Bucky volunteered to get her changed and into a clean outfit while you made some breakfast.

After you finished the coffee and just sat down to enjoy a few sips, just like clockwork James woke up. Bucky was still helping Sammy get ready so you got up with a huff and went to get James ready.

A typical Friday consisted of some tummy time, two naps, and some time at grandma Nats and grandpa Steve's house, but Bucky had another plan for this Friday night.

He strolled into the living room with your little dark-haired angel in his arms and he set her down into her swing and strapped her in next to her twin brother. As she swung back and forth, she cooed at the mobile above her head, making you grin into your mug. James however, was aggressively beating on the toys above his head, you looked over at Bucky to see him chuckling with a proud smile on his face.

"What do you say we go out to dinner tonight?" Bucky asked smoothly, as he took the piping hot coffee cup from your hands and leaned back against the counter.

"I still don't feel comfortable bringing the babies into a crowded area when it's this cold," you responded, nonchalantly as you sipped on your own coffee.

"No, I mean just us."

"What would we do with the babies?" you asked, confused.

"Tony and Pepper agreed to watch her tonight," Bucky smirked, looking you up and down playfully.

You guys hadn't been intimate since the babies were born. Between exhaustion and your healing private parts, sex was completely off the table until you were comfortable with it, which Bucky respected.

"I don't know, we've never left them before," you said, uneasy. You always said you'd never be an overprotective parent, but you never knew what it was like to love someone so much and leaving her seemed unimaginable at this point.

Bucky tiptoed up behind you as you looked over the counter at Sammy and James. He wrapped his arms around your waist gently, and placed a sweet kiss on your shoulder.

"If you don't feel comfortable, we don't have to," he replied, but his tone sounded disappointed which you picked up on right away. You wanted to be with Bucky, alone, so much and maybe you could stand a couple hours away from the babies for your own sanity as well as Bucky's.

"Will they send picture updates every thirty minutes?" you ask hesitantly, leaning your head back so it rested on his shoulder.

"I'll make sure of it," Bucky promised, his voice getting higher pitched with excitement and you felt his lips find your cheek as he started to pull away from you.

"Okay, but we can't be out too late. I want to be here to rock them to sleep."

Bucky leaned back, kissing the top of your head before pulling out his phone and texting Tony and Pepper to tell them that their plan worked. You, however, took your coffee to the couch and flipped on Netflix.