50

Fran

"Hey, I might need my car worked on."

Brian turned around and I held up my keys with a broad smile, jumping up and down.

He chuckled, throwing his towel over his shoulder. "My baby passed."

I giggled as he wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my forehead, pulling away from him quickly. "You were my first stop."

"Which means I'm here," Dad cautiously said, leaning out of the window.

"Oh, hey, Mr. King," he said, using his towel to wipe off each finger individually before sticking his out to shake Dad's.

Dad opened the door and stepped out, holding out his hand. Brian firmly shook it and pulled away from him, smiling down at me.

"I didn't think she'd pass," Dad muttered, folding his arms over his chest.

"Dad," I said, "you had literally zero faith in me."

"No, that's not true," he said, "you just literally didn't know how to turn on your lights."

I bit down on my lip and looked up at Brian, shrugging. "Still a little confused."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm proud of you."

"Yeah, if I have to guess, her car will be in here often," Dad said, "between the parking and the curbs-"

"Alright," I said, wrapping an arm around Brian's middle.

He smiled, looking down at me. "Well, you're already my favorite customer."

I smiled up at him, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. We pulled away from each other and Dad's expression was priceless, his eyes toggling between the two of us.

"Hey, come in here," I said, nodding towards the offices.

Brian followed, folding his arms over his chest as we stopped in the middle of the office. I had to take a second to admire him- his white tank top beneath his open mechanic shirt, dirty jeans, and boots.

"Hi," I softly said, smiling as soon as I got done gawking at him.

He laughed, nodding. "Hi."

I reached in my pocket and pulled out my allowance, holding it out to him. "Here."

"Fran," he said, clenching his jaw as he pushed it back towards me.

"Seriously, Brian, I don't need it," I said, shaking my head as I looked up at him, "I've got hundreds of dollars saved that I literally do nothing with."

"I'm not taking your money," he softly said, "we're fine, Mom got paid yesterday. I'll get paid Monday."

I sighed, looking up at him. "Please?"

"No," he whispered, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

I looked up at him as he pulled away, making him grab my cheek with a smile. "Too pretty for your own good."

I smiled, pressing a kiss to his palm. "You should come over tonight."

"Yeah, I'll try," he said, "here, I'm sure your dad's waiting on you."

He placed his hand on my lower back and led me out of the offices, making me feel something I hadn't ever really felt before. Sure, Brian and I had kissed, we'd hugged, but something about his hand on my lower back elicited a different reaction.

"I'll see you tonight," he said, looking down at me.

"Mm hmm," I said, "y-yeah."

He smiled and pressed one last kiss to my head, making me walk over to my door. I slipped inside the car and he leaned in Dad's window, smiling at me.