It's all fun, games, and business.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Nope," Joker said popping the 'O'.  The Joker hooted as he clasped a set of handcuffs around his and Alex's wrist. 

They sat in the back seat of a van, accompanied by the Happy and Sad mask-wearing clowns, and four others. It wasn't exactly a spacious ride, and Alex found herself squeezed between the door and Joker. It didn't help the fact that he was an erratic talker and kept slapping her with each word he said. And when he laughed, that was the worst. She couldn't escape him in any way, he was intoxicating. His laugh, his movements, even his smell, flowed around Alex. She felt like she was going to suffocate. 

"Why is this even necessary," Alex mumbled as she yanked her cuffed wrist away, only to have The Jokers follow. She felt her chest tighten when his hand landed on her thigh. Joker didn't seem to notice.

"Why is it necessary to wrap someone up in cotton wool and stick 'em in a room!"

He doesn't even make sense. Alex wondered what he meant by that, but decided that trying to actually figure out what The Joker was on about would put her own sanity at stake. 

"Hey Boss, we're approaching the address." The goons in the van started to kick into gear. The tension in the air rose but would break with fits of uneasy laughs or giggles from the goons. They were just as nuts as Joker, or even crazier if they were taking orders from him.

"Gimme the big one," Joker impatiently held his hand out towards the front seat. He kept flicking his fingers towards himself as a large, automatic gun, was handed to him. Licking his lips he eagerly checked the gun.

"Where's mine?" Alex sarcastically muttered, The Joker giggled.

"Ohh, hoo, so she still has a sense of humor."

The van door slid open and they all pilled out. The Joker yanked on the handcuffs, making Alex fall out of the van. Hitting her knees against the road she bit on her bottom lip. Joker didn't give her time to feel sorry for herself, he yanked on the cuffs again, making her stumble awkwardly behind him. She could feel the handcuff cutting into her wrist. 

The building they entered was unmistakably one of Maroni's hotels. Alex started to recount the last time she had been here. Her stomach churned when she recalled last time had also involved handcuffs. 

"Fond memories, Doll Face?" Joker smirked. Alex didn't have time to make a snarky reply. Her heart skipped a beat as she heard the rain of gunfire, followed by panicked screams. Joker followed suit, firing of his automatic gun at no one in particular. The bullets ripped into the walls, tearing anything and anyone, to shreds. 

"Happy, Sad, you two stay here. No one in or out." The Joker ordered as he pulled Alex to the lift. All the goons followed suit and got into the elevator, except Happy and Sad who stayed on the first floor. Once again, Alex found herself pressed up against Joker as the other goons filled the lift. The Joker punched level 32 and the doors closed.

Silence.

Alex preferred the sound of the gunshots and chaos. This felt damn right awkward.

Suddenly The Joker spun Alex to face him, lightly grabbing her shoulder with his uncuffed hand, his gun now slung across his back. Alex tried not to flinch at his touch, she recalled how angry he could get at the wrong look. He brought her closer to his body. She could feel his breath lightly brushing her face, she couldn't help but wince.

"Don't be like that," his voice was low and rugged, it sent shivers up her spine. His deep brown eyes pierced hers, she couldn't look away. It was like a car wreck, she couldn't look away even if she wanted to. Alex saw his eyes waver ever so slightly.