Why this girl?

Jack's office

Two hours later, while Jack was working on the profiles for the investigation, Gibbs knocked on her office.

" - I can ?

- Yes of course, come in. "

Gibbs took a chair from the desk and turned it over to the coffee table before sitting down. He handed a coffee to the psychologist who was sitting across from him, cross-legged on her couch.

" - Thank you. Then ? Where are you ?

- McGee and Bishop stayed on the boat to question the sailors. They were a small team so they should be back in a little while. Torres continues to investigate their on their family and friends.

- What about Agent Predash?

- She's with Torres downstairs.

- And how is she doing?

- How do you expect me to know, she just arrived.

-Oh Gibbs, come on! You almost know from the first second where you meet an agent if he is good or not!

- Well ... well I think she's pretty good but I don't see why Vance absolutely wanted her to be on my team.

- Stop lying. I'm sure there's something about her. You don't know her?

- Sorry ?! But what are you talking about?

- But Gibbs, I'm not fooled! When she arrived, it looked like McGee had seen a ghost and you detailed her from head to toe. And right after that she hinted that her mother knew you. Who is this girl ?

- Well, I was about to go ask Vance, just come over." Gibbs replied defiantly.

Jack nodded and stood up abruptly. She put on her heels again before following Gibbs to Vance's office.

Moments later, the two agents entered the director's office.

"Agent Gibbs, Agent Sloane, is there a problem?"

- Why did you put this girl in my team, Leon? "

The director looked at Gibbs and Jack in turn before heaving a long sigh.

"Agent Predash was spotted as one of the best in her class by training inspectors. So I decided to hire her at NCIS. She agreed on the sole condition that she would work in or with your team, Gibbs. And I accepted.

- You have accepted ? Like that ? A 20-year-old girl has the opportunity to be hired by one of the most important federal agency in the country but she imposes her own conditions and you ... you accept ?!

- I agree with Gibbs on this point Leon. Why did you comply with her terms?

- The reason why I accepted doesn't concern you... both!

- Besides, since when have French people been hired here in Washington? Why did she not stay in the European branch of NCIS?

- She is French but only because she was born and lived in France. But, both of these parents are Americans.

- Speaking of her parents, she hinted this morning that her mother knew Gibbs ...

- This is Agent Predash's private life, Jack. I can't tell you that kind of info. Now it looks to me like you're in the middle of an investigation so focus on that instead. Good day! "

Jack and Gibbs walked out without another word. For his part, Leon sighed deeply when his door closed and wondered how long it would take for his two agents to find out the truth. When they found themselves in the hallway, Jack turned to Gibbs and whispered, "Okay, I'll try to get some info on this girl. There is something wrong. I'll call you if I find something ". Then they went their separate ways.

This is the second chapter. I'm posting it sooner than I expected but it was ready for a long time. Besides, there should be between 16 and 18 chapters in all. Have a nice day everyone and don't hesitate to leave a little comment.