Hand holding

CHAPA'S POV

CHAPA'S POV

I heard the door open and closed so turned on my chainsaw. I was prepared. Everyone yelled and I saw Juliana first. "Oh, sorry" I said. I wasn't really sorry, obviously. Well, only for Julie. I didn't want to scare her.

I turned off the chainsaw before placing it down and took off my yellow broken baby mask.

"I thought you guys were those gonchi new kids" I told them. "Well, turns out there not gonchi at all! They're so sweet" Ray said, angrily. Juliana came over to me and rest her head on my shoulder. Why did she do that? "I don't know if I could soup ghost them" Bose said sightly upset.

"I can't believe their last school didn't have a bathroom" Miles said.

"They've been through so much" Mika said, sadly.

"Plus Percy winked at me and I hate it because it made my heart melt!" Julie said as she smiled. "...I want them gone" She became upset afterwards. I didn't know if I should be happy or upset about that myself. Why did care so much about that he winked at her in the first place?

"Did y'all hear the compliment they gave me?" Ray said. "Seriously, like, no bathroom" Miles said still on the bathroom thing. "Where have they been goin'?" He asked. "Hey!" I tried to get everyone's attention but only Julie noticed. She lifts her head off my shoulder with raised eyebrows. "I mean I am young-looking" Ray said, smiling.

"Hey!" I said, louder. Still, no one listened. "It's kind-" I slapped Ray before he could say anything else. "Hey, hey, hey hey, hey!" I yelled while slapping him again and again. "Ow! Stop slapping me. I'm listening!" Ray says as he glares at me. "Do it again! That was fun to watch" Julie says. I got butterflies seeing how happy she was. "We are crime fighters" I told them.

"We can't have a couple of bus station biscuits sniff around here or we can't answer emergency calls".

Everyone agreed with me. "It doesn't matter about how many fake compliments they give us" I said to Ray as he dramatically gasped. I turned to Julie next. "Or how many fake-" I stopped myself. I didn't want her to feel bad by saying the winks were fake. Even though they were. "They were so real" Juliana said, playfully.

"She so mean" Ray said, not catching on.

Everyone but Juliana agreed. I raised my hands getting ready to slap Ray again. "Hey, no. As much as I love seeing you slap my dad, now isn't the time" Julie said to me as she grabbed my hand and lowered my arm. Her hands are soft. "I'm just going to pretend that you didn't say that" Ray says to his daughter. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"I have a non-violent plan that just requires a little paperwork-" Mika said but got cut off by Schwoz falling from the ceiling. Everyone screamed but Julie and I didn't.

She also let go of my hand when she jumped back, startled. I didn't want her to let go, it was comforting. I grabbed it again causing her to look down at our handholding. I saw her smile causing me to smile too. "Where did you come from?" Bose asked.

"We already missed three emergency calls since those kids got here!" Schwoz said and everyone groaned.

"See what these kids are doing!?" Julie says.

"They already made us miss three calls" Juliana said. "Actually, they made us miss three calls not you, so" Mika says. I instantly looked at Mika and gave her a look. What the heck? She shrugs and smirks at Julie. I looked over at Juliana and saw her face expression change.

Her jaw was clenched and she let go of my hand. Julie leans back on the wall and crosses her arms. Great. Everyone all went quiet. "So, you're gonna go out there and be mean to those new kids!" Juliana says as she got back on topic. "Whose with me?" Juliana asked.

Julie raised her own hand and Schwoz raised his hand too.

Bose, Miles, and Ray raised their hands too. Mika rolled her eyes and followed along. Everyone else walked out but Ray stayed behind. "Look, I let those slaps pass but if you do that again I'll-" Ray says as I cut his sentence short by slapping him. "I meet you two outside" Ray said as he held his cheek. "Right" I said as I nodded.

I looked over at Julie. "Hey. I'm sorry about Mika" I said. "Don't worry about it" Juliana said. I looked up and my eyes landed on her lips. My heart started to race. I gotta stop be doing that!

I instantly put on the masked hiding my deep red blush and grabbed the chainsaw.

"Chapa..." Julie said as I looked her. She is so pretty. "As much as I love this idea, the answer is no" She said. "But I gotta scare the kids" I said. "Just leave the chainsaw at least" Juliana said. "But-" I put a stop to my protest when she pouts at me. "I- Fine..." I gave in. She smiled as I put down the chainsaw.

"Yay!" Julie says as she claps her hand and her curly hair bounces up and down.

Juliana grabbed my hand and I felt my face heating up beneath my mask.

We walked out together.