xviii. yes mom

❛yes mom❜

❛yes mom❜

"I FINISHED WRITING THE RAP." you announced as you stepped into the same practice room you were using yesterday. jay was here first since he told you during breakfast that he wanted to practice early.

"you did?" he asked, surprised and you nodded. "that was fast."

he took the paper filled with lyrics out of your hands and scanned through it.

"woah, okay." his eyes glowed with impress.

"wanna hear me rap it?" you asked.

"yes! i like this already, you didn't lie when you said it was based from your experience." jay laughed.

you took your water bottle and pretended it was a microphone before you started to rap. you stared at yourself on the mirror, doing multiple expressions that matches the lyrics that you wrote. you steadily followed the flow and kept in tune.

you could see jay's hand over his mouth as he bobbed his head to the beat.

"ain't nobody do it like me, MUSEOWO!" you added rasp to your voice and yelled the lyrics. your body dancing to the rhythm. (yes, i understand this is very cringe-worthy.)

as you neared the end of the song, you were becoming more and more heated, "i'm scared of myself that makes you crazy, museowo." you ended it while raising your hand.

jay jumped up and down, "that was so cool, y/n! what the hell! we should definitely add a dance choreography to that." he clapped his hands, giddily.

you shyly put down your water bottle, not meeting his eyes, "thanks, you can make the choreo if you want."

"i already made one up while you were rapping, it's just some simple dance moves so we won't get worn out and also because the dance isn't the focus, it's the rap." he explained as you nodded.

"i'm so hyped now!" he grinned. and you smiled back at him.

───

while the two of you were practicing, kyungmin and jaebeom visited you, and handed out snacks. that was so sweet of them so you thanked them multiple times.

you and jay barely left the practice room, you spent the whole day in here, you even skipped lunch. the both of you would've died from starvation by now if it wasn't for kyungmin and jaebeom.

when you passed by the other practice room, on your way to the bathroom, you heard seon and jaebeom practicing butterfly. they're the substitute team in case anything happens to the vocal team. each team had substitutes except for the rap team, so it was extremely important for you and jay not to get sick or injured.

tonight, you and jay opted to eat dinner later than the others, you told them to eat first. turns out, the vocal team and the dance team also opted to eat dinner later. so now, all the representatives were gathered here in the kitchen while the non-reps were all asleep.

jake invited you to eat dinner a while ago, you were practicing matryoshka with jay so you had to decline. he looked dejected and it made you feel bad so you made a mental note to make it up to him tomorrow.

you were in the snack room, scanning the pantry for something to eat. and you laid eyes on a pack of cookies on the top shelf. you tried reaching for it, but you're height failed you. even with your 5'10 frame, the top shelf was still too high.

"can't reach it? want me to get it for you?" sunghoon suddenly speaks from your side. he was holding an ice cream cup.

"isn't it too late for you to eat ice cream?" you asked. it was 11PM and you were sure it was unhealthy to eat ice cream at this time because it can upset your stomach.

"i'll be fine." sunghoon brushed it off, "what did you want to get?"

"the cookies." you answered, quietly.

he took it from the top shelf and put it into your hands. he smiled and patted your head.

"you have to share that with me now." he stated with a firm tone.

"no, you might get a stomachache. cookies or ice cream, pick one." you deadpanned.

sunghoon looked up, thinking before putting back the ice cream into the refrigerator, "cookies it is." he grinned.

you gave him a sarcastic smile as you both walked back to the glass table to eat the dessert. you also made some hot milk to drink before you sleep and you made one for all the boys in here too.

"i don't drink milk, but since you already made it, i'll drink it." geonu said.

you stared at him with a blank expression, "you better. milk is good for you."

"yes mom." geonu smiled teasingly.

"stop. you guys are literally older than me, don't call me mom." you groaned.

i would rather be called a milf /j.

"we're the same age y/n, does that mean i can call you mom?" jungwon sipped from his milk, giving you a dimpled smile. god, how you adored his smile.

"that's even weirder." you rolled your eyes.

"finish your drinks and let's head to bed." you washed your empty cup, and threw away the empty pack of cookies that you and sunghoon snacked on.

"yes mom." they all answered.

"for the last fucking time–" you got cut off when sunghoon slapped his hand over your mouth, nervously.

"o-okay, we get it, no need to curse." sunghoon laughed, anxiously.

you took his hand off your face, "literally shion cusses more than i do." you raised an eyebrow.

"no, no, you definitely cuss more." k shook his head.

"ugh whatever, goodbye." you turned your back towards them and walked away. "don't forget to clean up your mess."