Chapter 2 - Reunion

Word Count - 868

Naina stared at her computer screen. She looks at her screen, then to her team, back to her screen and then back to the team. They eagerly wait for her to send the email. While eating breakfast together, Naina had mentioned the offer. Her assumption was correct, the team was thrilled of the idea of her being a gym leader.

"Okay. Sending it now..." She hit the send button. "Well. We are now going to be gym leaders!" The group cheer together.

Once all the celebration jitters wear off, Naina sat on her patio to drink her second cup of coffee of the day. Her pokemon go back into their pokeballs so they could relax themselves. The favourite part of her day was daydreaming and drinking coffee. Her daydreams are then interrupted by her Rotom phone buzzing. As soon as she see's Punchable Dragon on the caller ID, she rejects the call, texting him that she emailed to accept the offer. Naina did want him to pester her a little more, but Raihan was conditioned into not bothering her when she rejected his calls.

Naina does admit to herself that she does like it when Raihan gave her attention. It made her feel special. What complicates her feelings is that Raihan was an extroverted ladies man, so who knows how many women he gives his attention to. In the past, they argued about it. He would claim he never flirted as often as she made it seem, but then would proceed to give his fan girls cute nicknames whenever they asked for selfies or autographs. She hated it, which is why she made the decision to never show any physical signs of joy whenever he called her "fire princess." Naina always asked herself how many princesses did he have?

Naina shook her head, suppressing her thoughts. She got changed, put another coat of sunscreen on and headed out to town to get a haircut. Her phone buzzed, seeing that Raihan did eventually text her back.

Raihan: good! Proud of you fire princess. What are your plans for today?

Naina: getting a haircut

Raihan: I bet you look cute with long hair

Naina: all more the reason to chop it off

Raihan: >:O

Naina: >: )

Raihan: knowing you, you'll look good in anything

Naina stares at their banter. It was passing the borderline of banter and flirty. She ultimately decides to not respond. It was better to not say anything that would give Raihan the impression that she wanted his attention.

Naina ventures into the salon. The stylist seats her. Naina explains to the stylist what she wants, and the stylist proceeds to cut her hair. Naina's Rotom phone rings again, irking her. Why was she getting so many phone calls? Then Naina remembers she was gone for six months, and the anger subsides. Besides, Leon was calling her, so she was happy.

"Hello?" Naina answers

"Naina! Welcome back! You finally answered!" Leon's loud voice boomed through the phone.

Naina winces in annoyance. Leon and Hop were one in the same, both had too much energy for her to handle.

"Yeah, I'm back. Thank you for the letter of recommendation, I accepted the offer to commence the training." Naina responds. She stares into her reflection, watching the stylists chopping her hair off.

"Straight to the point as always! That's what I like about you Naina, you get down to business!" Leon's laughter fills her ear. Naina doesn't even need to put her phone on speaker, she can hear Leon just fine because of how loud he is. "Well, Naina, I'm calling you let you know that you should move to Motostoke as soon as possible to begin your training. Kabu is eager to commence training and is even offering to help set you up in the city. I'll come by in a couple days to take you to meet him and help you settle in."

Naina thanks him. She sends him the details of where she resides. She mentions that Hop knows where she lives and tells Leon to ask him to accompany him as he has a knack for getting lost. Naina quickly hangs up to give her ear a break.

Once her hair is cut, Naina looks at her reflection. Her black hair is now cut a little past shoulder length. She asks for her hair to be styled into a braid. It was new for her to keep her hair slightly longer than this. Normally it would be a pixie cut or slightly past chin level. It wasn't like she kept it long because Raihan wanted it to be long, she did it for herself. At least, she's trying to convince herself of that.

Naina pays and heads to a market. She pays for boxes and gets to her apartment. In her mind, Naina would begin mapping out a to do list: tell landlord she is moving out by the end of the month, begin packing, move out and live life.

She calls out her pokemon. "Okay team, commence operation moving!"

Naina and her team cheer. In her mind, all she can think is how lucky she is to have a team like hers.