Chapter 9 - Cannot compute

Word Count: 478

Social media and exercise became Naina's focus. She just needed to keep Raihan and her face out of her head. It was difficult though, because he made it a point to be the first people to keep liking her photos.

Naina sat on the steps outside Motostoke facing the wild area. She and her pokemon sat together as they looked at what photo to upload next.

"This?" She held up her phone to show them. All six pokemon in unison all shook their head saying no.

"Okay. Fine. This?" Naina held up her phone and showed the a photo of her and Cinderace doing push ups together. Flareon was sitting on her back while Blazekin was hitting a punching bag, Ninetales and Torkoal played tug of war and Chandelure danced around like a cheerleader. The pokemon in unison all agreed to the photo.

"Okay, I just need a caption. I'll just do a motivational thing about teamwork.... And upload." Within seconds of the photo being uploaded, Raihan liked the photo. A minute later he comments with a red face emotion sweating and sticking its tongue out.

"What does that even mean?" A puzzled Naina questions.

"What does what mean?" A familiar voice asks.

Naina turns around to see Sonia. She had forgotten the two made plans. They were supposed to meet at the gym, but Naina was too lost in thought to even remember.

"Ack, I'm sorry. I forgot we had plans." Naina apologetically says.

"It's fine. Your fellow trainers said you may be heading towards the wild area." Sonia sat. She peered at Naina's phone. She glanced at the caption. "Ah, Raihan. You know sometimes I browse your comments and people comment about the two of you. Especially when people noticed Raihan would constantly comment on your photos."

"What does this emoji mean?" Naina asked. She had a feeling she knew, but didn't want it to be true.

"I believe the term that young people use is 'thirsting.'" Sonia chuckled.

"You cannot be serious!" Naina yelled out. "So you think he likes me?"

"I don't think, I know. It is so painfully obvious. He gave you a hair piece with the dragon symbol, he posts about you at least once a week and he calls you 'Princess!' Not to mention he keeps texting you. I even asked Leon what he thinks, and he says it's obvious! If Leon notices, it's huge. The man is a 'grade A Goof!'"

Naina began to reflect. It was hitting her. Why would Sonia lie? Sonia was her good friend. Not to mention a scientist, so she was exceptionally smart. It all made sense. But she had to figure out what to do. Naina's mind began to race. It was like there were a million people talking in her mind.

"I cannot compute." Naina stated.

"A jeez, I broke her."