Chapter 10 - Favourite Person

Word count: 979

"Okay... I think I have everything." Naina said as she packed her bag. The big opening ceremony for the Pokemon Tournament was happening the night after. Earlier in the morning, the news outlets confirmed Naina would be the new Fire Type gym leader. She felt proud, but remembered that it would be a huge responsibility.

Flareon skipped over to Naina holding her hairbrush.

"Oh yeah, I need that. Thank you, my friend." She pet it, and Flareon took the praise.

Her phone rang, Raihan began calling her.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Princess! Do you need me to pick you up?" Raihan asked.

"No? I mean, its out of your way. I won't get lost, I know how to get there." Naina knew she should be nicer. Considering all the reflecting she did with Sonia, Raihan may have feelings for her too.

"Well boo! Fine. Whatever. Did you pack everything?" He asked.

"Yep. Flareon helped me too. I'm leaving early morning and taking the flying taxi over to the stadium. I'll meet you there and you can introduce me to the other leaders." She reassured.

"Perfect. So, I noticed something." He chuckled.

"Oh yeah? What?"

"You have your hairpin I gave you in every single photo you post. You must really like me- I mean it! You must really like it!" Raihan tried to act smooth, but he couldn't.

"I mean, my favourite person gave it so yes, I do." Naina had never been that transparent about her feelings before. Not to mention, call him her favourite person. She didn't want to friendzone him, so she had to pick her words carefully.

"I'm glad. You're my favourite person too." He said.

"Good."

"Good."

"I'm glad."

"You should be." He said.

"Okay, well, stop bothering me."

"I'll see you tomorrow my princess."

Naina hung up fast. Her stomach had butterflies. She liked it when he called her Princess, but 'my Princess' felt possessive, like she was his and his only. It felt hot, she loved it. She wanted to be his and his only. Much like she wanted to be hers and hers only.

She shook her head.

"Sleep. Sleep. I need sleep." Naina crawled into bed and did not sleep a wink.

Wydon was as huge as she remembered it. The city itself was too big for her to walk through. She travelled to the Budew Inn, checked in and fell asleep for about two hours before her group dinner. She woke up to a text message from Piers asking her if she arrived and was going to the dinner after.

Naina assured him she was all good, and was getting ready. Her tripped to Wydon was scheduled as group dinner to meet the other leaders, Leon and Chairman Rose. Then they would have the opening ceremony. Melody Songz would perform after and then the big tournament would begin.

Naina showered, put a black dress on, heels, makeup, hair, and put on her fire gym leader jacket on. She walked out with her purse. Naina didn't entirely know what to expect, but all she knew was that she was anxious and wanted to go home.

Halfway through her walk to the restaurant, she met with Piers and Raihan. The trio walked together, laughed and was forced to take selfies by Raihan. When they got there, Raihan introduced her to Milo, Nessa, Allister, Opal, Melony, and Chairman Rose.

Naina sat on the end next to Nessa. Nessa was a rathe pretty girl with tan skin with black and blue hair. She was the water type gym leader at Hulbury.

"Hi!" Nessa said.

"Hello, I'm Naina." Naina smiled.

"I know! You were all over the news cause of that moron over there." She pointed at Raihan.

"Yes, I was. He isn't a moron, just overly excited." Naina reassured.

The two got along well, despite being opposite because of their type preferences. Nessa took a selfie with her and posted it on her social media. Within five minutes, Naina's followers went from 5 digits into 6 digits.

"Wow, I am famous now I think." Naina looked at her phone.

"You already were but because we are friends now, my followers think you are even cooler." Nessa smiled.

The night went well. Naina felt as though she fit in well with the trainers. She began to feel tired and decided to call it a night. Raihan got up and decided to walk her back to her hotel.

"What time is it..." She asked him. "Man my feet hurt."

Naina began to take her heels off. She decided walking barefoot was better than the heels. As she took her heels off, Raihan looked at the time on his phone. Naina noticed that his wallpaper was Naina at her birthday before she left for 6 months.

"Is that me?" She asked.

"Sure is." He confirmed.

"Why?" Naina raised an eyebrow.

"I kept it when you left. It kept me sane. I hated that you left for so long and never kept in contact with me. I was scared that I would forget everything about you. Trust me, I hated it. I didn't have you to talk to." Raihan looked away.

"I am so sorry. I cannot believe how much that hurt you." Naina held his arm. She never realized how much she meant to him. Naina could see how sad he was. "It was selfish."

"No, don't apologize. You did what you needed to do to help you and your mental wellbeing." He assured her.

"I promise, I will never leave you again." Naina looked him in the eyes.

Raihan was always tough and happy. But at this moment, he looked so vulnerable. Naina dropped her shoes and hugged him. His long arms engulfed her. It felt as though the universe stopped.

"Please don't." Raihan said in a weak voice.

I love you. She thought.