Chapter 8 - It was apparent

Word count: 860

Naina's day off started with great excitement. Raihan had texted her to meet halfway in the wild area so they could do some relaxing camping together. She tried not to sound too desperate with her reply. She waited a painful ten minutes and replied with a "sure : )."

She packed up a lot of delicious treats for the pokemon and for the two of them. Naina wanted to look as cute and casual as possible. It wasn't a date, but she wanted to still look nice for him. Naina would be the only woman Raihan was going to look at, so she wanted to present her beauty as effortless. She showered, did her skin care. The difficult part was what to wear. She called her Flareon out to help her decide.

"Okay. How about this: jean shorts, rock band t-shirt, braided hair with the pin and sunglasses?" Naina asked Flareon.

Flareon shook its head and gave a no. Naina through the outfit aside.

"Okay, okay. Ripped jeans, plain black t-shirt, pin, and a jean jacket?" Naina asked again.

Flareon said shook "no" again.

"Okay then you pick for me Miss Fashionista!" Naina huffed.

Flareon went into the closet. She pulled out a skirt, white top, and a pink cardigan. Flareon looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"Flareon its not a date." Naina sighed.

Flareon had an annoyed look in its face, almost saying 'then why are you stressing?'

Naina looked again, she picked up her ripped jeans, a black t-shirt and put a hoodie over it. Her pin from Raihan was placed nicely in her braided hair. She put her runners on and grabbed her camping stuff. Naina and Flareon walked out together.

They left Motostoke and headed into the wild area. The wild area was her favourite spot to isolate herself in. It was nice to camp and spend time in the fresh air and ignore responsibilities. The pair eventually met up with Raihan.

Raihan and Naina greeted each other with a hug. The two set up their tents, cooking gear and let their pokemon roam free.

"I see you are wearing the pin. It looks really cute on you." Raihan said with a smile.

"Yeah, its my favourite thing." Naina chuckled.

"Good! I'm glad." He looked away. If Naina had looked carefully, she would have seen a blush creeping up on his face. Raihan changed the topic. "I see you have no posts on your Instagram! We need to change that pronto."

"Okay. Well, I guess I could do an introduction post... Hey gang! We need a photo." Naina called her pokemon over. She carefully placed them around her as she sat in the middle. Raihan took their photo. She posted it on her Instagram with the caption "meet the squad!"

As soon as she posted it, Raihan liked it and commented a thumbs up emoji. Hundreds, then thousands of people liked the photo and began commenting various things. Naina put her phone away as she got overwhelmed.

"How do you do it on a regular basis?" She asked.

"What? Post and stuff? I don't know, its in my blood I guess." Raihan smiled.

Raihan watched the pokemon mingle. It was cute to see them all playing with one another. Raihan threw out some toys and watched the pokemon play with one another. He turned to look at Naina, she was ready to start making curry. This was the perfect opportunity to ask her who she was interested in. He needed that closure. Raihan would be damned if it was Leon or someone way older like Kabu. Raihan got up and began to help her cook.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He said in a lower tone.

"Sure, why so serious?" Naina lowered her voice as well.

"It's nothing. Something's been bugging me. I just wanted to clarify something." He grabbed some berries and began cutting them.

Naina stopped grabbing material and gently put her hand on his forearm.

"Okay. Is everything okay?" She looked up at him.

Raihan did not dare look into her brown eyes. If he did, he would become hypnotized.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Listen, a while ago, you said you were interested in someone. I am having a hard time figuring out who. For the love of God, is it Kabu, Leon or Piers?" As soon as he said it, he wanted to take it back.

Naina giggled. Leon and Piers made sense to her, but Kabu came from left field.

"Oh Raihan, it is none of them. When I figure out if the other person is interested in me, then I will tell you. For now, no its none of them. I promise, I will tell you one day." She put her head on his shoulder.

"Oh, thank God. Well, I really want to know." Raihan let a sigh of relief. He firmly believed she was interested in him. He just had to wait.

The pair did not realize their pokemon had watched their interaction. The pokemon looked at one another and it silently agreed they needed to get those two together. The atmosphere around Raihan and Naina was very apparent.