Love of a princess

There was a loud bang beside me. I looked over and saw Xerxes had knocked over a broom. He had slowly improved over the course of three days.

"He seems to be getting around better" Misti said going to set the broom back up.

"Yeah. All he needed was to just rest and recover."

I heard the door open and close to see Yazim walking. She and the other unit leaders had a debrief this morning. I looked back at the food I was cooking.

"Well?" Libby asked sitting down.

"Well we did. We managed to disable the majority of Furys armor division. That fuel tank took out a vast amount" Yazim said.

"Sweeeeeeeet!"

I busted out laughing at Erica's response.

"Well we should be thanking Drax. His the one who cooked that experimental explosive. I'm actually surprised it didn't explode on take off."

"Why's that. Sicario said it was the best batch. Oh wait a minute. I know why now" Sandra said grabbing a drink from the fridge.

I looked them both. As did Erica.

"Are we missing something here?" I asked.

"Does the explosive name Nitroglycerin ring a bell?"

I stopped what I was doing and looked at Yazim.

"NITROGLYCERIN. THE MOST UNSTABLE EXPLOSIVE EVER!!"

"First don't yell second yes."

I shook my head and returned to finishing breakfast. Nitroglycerin. Bump it around too much and kaboom.

"Well, guess we chalk it up to lucky I guess."

There was a collective chuckle. I heard Xerxes softly screech.

"And good morning to you too Xerxes" Tyla said entering the kitchen.

"Just in time. Dig in. Xerxes!"

I placed the pan down on a trivet and pulled out a dead mouse for Xerxes who hopped and flapped onto my shoulder. Before you wonder yes I have a protective padding. I sat down and loaded my plate up.

"Oh I just remembered something. My parents have asked us to come over for a visit. General Nightshade has already cleared us to go" Sandra said.

I looked at her confused.

"Are you sure me going too is a good thing?"

"Why do you ask that?" Libby asked with a piece of toast in her mouth.

I stood up and jester at my whole being.

"Yeah, they know. And they're impressed with you as well."

*Sandra P.O.V*

"Why. I haven't even met them yet?"

"Everytime they want an update from me and Sicario your always the top question. Especially after you helped Libby after my gunshot wound."

I noticed him blush a bit. There was a knock on the door before Sicario walked in. Damnit.

"Ready?"

??? looked at him and I noticed his brain fried itself.

"Damnit Sicario I told you to wait until we got home!"

"Sorry. You know how mother gets when we arrive undressed."

I looked back at ??? and saw Yazim and Misti trying to restart his brain. I sighed and gave him a kiss on his cheek.