Cold Breath

"Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will."

he smirked " ever heard about guardian angels before ? " i rolled my eyes

" can you be serious for a moment ? " i asked frustrated 

he chuckled " i am serious, actually nobody can see me but you, you can check the theory " he pointed at the door " you died girl and you are supposed to be..dead now like normal human beings but " his mischief smile appeared " you are alive because of me, and i'm a stupid angel because of you " he pointed rudely at me, he ruffled his hair " i watched you since you were created, we were born like twins but from different dimensions or something, with every new human there is a new angel created as well, but only angels see humans ...but since you were close to your death you've been able to see me in the comic store, i was shocked tho, you see this ruby necklace is the only thing that makes us seen and i wasn't wearing it then so i understood " he sighed " this necklace is not just for being seen or heard by humans, its magic has a source you know, it's our heart, we are supposed to be immortals " he wiggled his eyebrows then smiled sadly looking down " i was supposed to let you die and let things flow in their way, but as a stubborn angel who spend his whole life skipping everything just to watch his human twin, i felt too connected to you, i just couldn't let you die, not so soon,  so i gave you my necklace, you died with it on your neck so you shared my life which means that our lives are linked and connected, now if you die AGAIN i will die and vice versa " he stared at me for a minute silently then he drifted away plopping down on the bed again " you are a human after all, you are easy to kill, so fragile and vulnerable, and there is only one way for me to die , if the necklace breaks so now i will keep the necklace AND you under my guard 24/7 "

i blinked a couple of times, not knowing how to respond, my mouth fell open, he got up and when he looked at me he broke in a hysterical laugh " please don't have a heart attack " he said wiping his eyes " i'm gonna grab more apples, don't leave the dorm " he looked down at me, getting closer to my face, his steady breath like cold wind through my hair ,his cold fingertips touched my neck then he picked the necklace and took it off me, he stood straight up again ruffling my hair, he picked up his jacket, still his face is red from laughing, and he went out shutting the door behind him, i inhaled suddenly, i never knew that i stopped breathing this whole time.

death, angels, magical ruby necklace, it was too much for me to take, my throat was dry, i got to the refrigerator gulping three water bottles in a row, my breath hitched, so i died...and no one knew, no one knows and no one will, i drowned, a tear slipped from my eye, i closed my eyes putting my hand on my heart, it was beating, i stood like that for a while till i was able to focus on the blood pumping through my veins with each heartbeat , i'm alive... i'm alive because of him. 

2 hours later with me going back and forth through the room trying to calm down, he suddenly opened the door, i almost died of terror " oh my god, couldn't you just knock ?  " i mumbled grabbing my heart, more like grabbing my ribs, he chuckled at the sight " sorry, fault of the habit " my eyes got wide open at this " wait a minute, you said-you said... how far have you gone with watching me ? " i asked him 

" oh, well..not sooooo far " he gulped 

" you watched me in the streets ? "

" yes ? "

" in school ? "

" yup "

" in the house "

" okay yes but ..." i interrupted him

" in my room ? " i closed my eyes afraid of what the answer might be

" when you used to change or things like that , i walked away or at least ...looked away " he patted the back of his neck blushing, i was burning red, my throat became dry again that it hurts, my heart skipped a beat , i rushed to the refrigerator gulping water till i wasn't able to breath no more

i hided my face in my palms, my breath was uneven, it's so weird and humiliating and awkward and invading and cruel..and i can't bring myself to show my face anymore, my head replayed all my shameful now exposed moments 

" not interrupt your crisis but you need to go back to bed because you need to catch up with your lectures, you're already late " his voice cut the thick silence 

" yes, yes, go home " i looked everywhere but him 

" go home ? i'm home " he furrowed his eyebrows 

now i was looking at him with puzzled wide eyes and raised eyebrows

" i have to be with you everywhere , remember ? " his cocky self appeared again, that smirk AGAIN

i gulped