Chapter 29

Tobias's POV:

"Get away from her," I say sternly. My voice isn't a yell, yet. Caleb doesn't move. He just looks at me.

"How could you do this? To your own sister!" My voice starts to get louder.

"You should've seen how upset she was the whole time you were gone. She would've done anything to get you back!" My voice is almost a yell, but not quite.

"She loves you, and almost died for you!" I am yelling now.

"But you don't love her back," I say that quietly now. I see a tear roll down Caleb's cheek. Then he looks at me and then Tris- but he has a confused look on his face. He just stands there, staring at her. He looks over to me and whispers, "What have I done?"

>>>

"What do you mean he was in a simulation!" I am in a room with a Bureau doctor, yelling at him. He looks frightened but he remains calm.

"When Mr. Prior was held captive by the fringe, they must've put a transmitter in him that makes him eligible as a subject for a simulation."

That explains Caleb's confusion on the roof.

"Then why would that make him attack Tris? I mean, he hasn't gone after anyone else?"

"They must've done the same thing to you when you during the Attack Simulation- turned his friends into enemies. Except, for Caleb, it only applies to Tris."

I take it all in. He almost killed her, without knowing it- just like I almost did.

>>>

I go to see Tris after I speak to the doctor. She is still recovering- both physically and emotionally- I am told.

I walk into her room and see that she is asleep. She looks so peaceful, like everything she has been through these past few months have been washed away.

I sit in a chair next to her bed and comb my fingers through her hair.

Her eyes flutter open and she looks at me. She seems confused at first, but realization soon masks her face. Tears form in her eyes. I hold her face in my hands. Then all of the tears spill out landing on her cheeks and my hands.

"Shh, Tris. It's okay," I say while brushing the tears from her eyes, but she doesn't stop crying.

"Tris," I say but I stop. What am I supposed to say? I'm sorry your brother wants to kill you?

I climb into the bed and hold her in my arms. She ends up crying herself to sleep she's so exhausted. I fall asleep too, letting the events of the past week wash over me.

I wake to Tris screaming. I sit up and rub her back. She is shaking and has tears all over her face. She won't stop crying.

"Tris, it was just a nightmare. Go back to sleep."

But she doesn't sleep.

She lays with her eyes wide open, too freighted by whatever happened.
__________________________
AN/

Wow can I just say- 1.7k reads?!?!?! That's awesome! Thanks so much guys!

Anyway if you don't mind please check out my original story Lost One! I'm trying to get my reads up and I would love people to check out my original ideas/ characters.

Also please vote for my chapters! Thanks everyone! Your the best!

Lastly, I would love to give dedications to each chapter so stay active to be noticed! ily!

~Bridget
(IG||fault_in_our_hungergames)