Night time wonders

(This takes place right after chapter 1 ends)

Kokichi woke up to a small noise by his room. 

You see, Kokichi was a light sleeper, geniuenly because it was a killing game they were participating in. 

He layed there for a moment, listening, trying to figure out what it was. After a second, he realized it was crying. 

He couldn't think of anyone who'd be awake at night, but he knew that it possibly could be a murder taking place. 

I mean, what idiot wouldn't cry while dying?

Well, actually, some people wouldn't. 

Kirumi wouldn't cry if you asked her not to, Ryoma had zero emotions, Korekiyo was so creepy he'd probably enjoy it, and Maki wouldn't cry, she'd just be mad. 

But this, this crying didn't sound like it belonged to a female. It sounded sad, as well. Like it was full of despair. 

'The mastermind would love that...' He thought, rolling his eyes and getting up to go see who it was. 

He walked out of his room and quietly sneaked outside. He stood silent for a moment, listening closely. It was hard to hear where the noise was coming from because of the cold wind floating around- wait. Wind? 

Wasn't there a glass ball thing around them? 

If so, how was there wind? And where was it coming from? 

Was there a big fan somewhere he didn't know about? 

All of a sudden, he heard someone walking his direction. He quickly jumped in a large bush close by, and peeked his head up about an inch to see who it was. 

His heart skipped a beat. 

'Shuichi?! What the hell is he doing out here?!' Kokichi thought. 

Shuichi stopped right in front of the door to the dorms, and looked around. He then turned around and walked over to the main school building. 

Kokichi followed closely, but made sure to be as quiet as possible. When Shuichi turned around, Kokichi would hide somewhere, making sure to always stay just out of sight. 

When Shuichi walked in the building, he went straight to the library. He walked over to a pile of books in the corner and moved them out of his way, reaching down and picking something up. When Kokichi saw what it was, he let out a small sign of relief. 

And then Kokichi slapped his hand on his mouth silently. Shuichi had heard his relief! And now he was heading over there! 

Kokichi had to move, but something kept him rooted in place. He wanted to leave, but he was too scared to move a muscle. 

Shuichi turned the corner, but he looked the other way. He didn't look in the direction of Kokichi at all, and just started walking off. Kokichi assumed he was heading back to the dorms. 

Kokichi looked back inside the library. He hadn't noticed that Shuichi had put the books back where they were. He wanted to know what was back there that was so secretive. 

He walked up to the books and scooted them aside, gently. What he saw surprised him a bit. 

There was picture of Keade and Rantaro on the floor. Kokichi had no idea where it had come from, but it was in black and white which made it have a small old-timey look to it. Around that was a wreath of pink flowers with green leaves around them. 

There were also candles. The candles weren't lit, but Kokichi could tell that they had been at some point. Part of the candle wax had diappeared, and the wick looked like it had recently been lit.