12

Dream's hands shook as he gently guided the brunette away from the fans, security swarming around them, eager to keep the crowds at bay.

Dream felt like were in the middle of the swarm of bees, everyone buzzing around trying to get to make it towards the two. Dream frowned as he held his coat higher over George in an attempt to protect his privacy. The brunette had been so strong for so long, he didn't deserve this. They should have anticipated this happening. They should have been more prepared.

I should have known.

The worst part was, Dream knew there were cameras pointed at them. He knew people had their phones out, desperate to get a recording. Everyone would see it. There were most likely fans currently live streaming the event. He had a feeling George's breakdown was already trending on Twitter, even as it happened.

And Dream was scared. He was scared for George and how he would take the news. He was scared of people invading their privacy, scared that George wouldn't get the peace he needed to recover from this.

Dream knew he would have to stick close to George. If not for protection, then for comfort. While Dream felt helpless most of the time, if there was one thing he was good at it was caring for others.

His sister. His mom. His family.

Dream's mom often joked, saying Dream was more akin to a parent than she was. Because of the large age gap between Dream and his sister, Dream found himself always doing things for Drista. Driving her around, taking her out for food, caring for her when she was sick.

He had never helped someone who was having a panic attack before. But Dream knew he would do anything he could to help George.

Finally, they made it into the elevator, and Dream let out a small breath of relief, beyond grateful to have made it away from prying eyes.

Sapnap, Karl, and Quackity had disappeared somewhere in the fray, but Dream couldn't focus on them right now. Not when George needed him.

"Breathe," Dream instructed, placing his hand firmly on George's back so he could feel the brunette inhale.

When George sucked in a shaky, shallow inhale Dream shook his head.

"Breathe better."

George winced, struggling, before finally sucking in a large breath of air.

"Good job George. You're doing great," Dream whispered. "Look where we are. We're away from all the people. We're in an elevator. We're safe. You're safe."

George took in another shaky breath, eyes widening as he finally seemed to regain some sense of reality.

"I can't believe I just did that Dream-" George's voice cracked. "In front of everyone."

With that, George fell into Dream's arms, melting into a sad pile of tears and sobs. Dream supported the brunette's weight easily, pulling him close so he leaned on his chest.

"Don't think about that right now," Dream said, tilting his head towards George's ear. "Just stay off Twitter for a few days and this will all blow over."

"I'm going to have to post a twit longer!" George burst out, shaking his head as he pulled back.

Dream suppressed a smile. "That's what you're worried about George? Posting a twit longer?"

"I've never done one before," George said cautiously. "I wouldn't know what to say."

Dream traced small circles on George's back as the elevator came to a stop.

"None of that matters right now. Just follow me."

George obeyed, silently trailing behind Dream. Dream anxiously fumbled through his things, desperately searching for his room key. Once he found it, he yanked his hotel room door open, leading the brunette to the bed so he could sit down and catch his breath.