Part 7: The room

(Above is a picture of Jeremy Axton)

I hope you have enjoyed the short story so far and I hope that you will comment and vote for it!!! Thanks :)

By the time last period ends I'm calm again. I know that wren won't be able to do anything with cleo around. So as I walk out of the school confidently . I wave at wren who is waiting by her car. "you seem to be taking this better then I thought" she says impressed. "I know that you never told anyone wren, I'm not stupid, your just trying to mess with my head" I came to this conclusion about an hour after lunch had ended. I watch as wren walks around the convertible and hops in the drivers seat. I call shotgun as cleo walks up behind me. "damn" she wipers under her breath. "you snooze you lose" I say giggling as I get into the car. I'm doing a fairly good job at hiding my nerves. Cleo sits in the back seat and struggles with the seatbelt. "need some help" I ask turning around to face her. "no" she snaps angrily glaring at me. "ok whatever" I say rudely to show my annoyance. what's wrong with her. as we drive I wonder why she could be so angry today. it didn't take me long to realize it was about Jeremy. As we pull into wrens drive way I check the time. 3:30. We have a long time until the party. As we walk into the house i notice no one else is home. "Your house is huge" I say. its not even half as big as mine but I just always assumed her parents where poor by the way wren dressed. Now I realize that for some reason she chose to dress that way. "what? expecting an R.V or something" she says with little to no emotion or expression on her face. I force myself to laugh. It ends up sounding fake and awkward. "I'm kind of thirsty do you have anything to drink" Cleo asks wren. "Of course Cleo, Why don't you go upstairs and wait in my room Aurelia" says wren. I cautiously walk up the stairs as wren and Cleo walk into the kitchen. I see the name "wren" written on the door at the end of the hall. I slowly walk into the room. The walls are a bright blue and have posters of rock bands all over them. A queen size bed takes up a quarter of the room. It is positioned in the corner of the room against the wall. there is also a dresser, a tv and a desk in the room. The room looked like it could belong to a regular girl instead of someone like wren. All of a sudden Cleo inters the room by pushing me out of the doorway. I stumble inside and bang my toe on the dresser. "Ouch" I cry in pain "the hell is wrong with you" I say glaring at her. "watch where your going" she yells. "me watch where I'm going? Your the one that" I begin but am interrupted by wren who comes running into the room. "Ok you two stop fighting" she walks over to Cleo and whispers something I wasn't meant to hear. "stop before you say something and ruin everything". "ok I'm just going to go downstairs and get some ice, maybe you can calm her down before I get back" I say half limping out of the room and down the stairs. I hear the door shut as I reach the bottom of the staircase. I grab an ice pack and head back up the stairs. As I walk down the hallway I notice a door to one of the rooms is partly open. Nosily I open it all the way and enter the room. I gasp at the horrid sight. the room is covered with pictures of me from the past four years. the most resent ones covered in writing. there is school newspaper clippings from articles that I'm in. I step closer and notice that some of the pictures where taken inside of my house. my diary that I thought I had lost sits on a table in the corner. as i begin reading some of the things written on the walls I realize they are all just ways to kill me. plots and plans of revenge. As I turn around and see the person who stands behind me I realize that wren really did mean "we" when she wrote that text. there really was someone else who knew. "You know" is the last thing I say before I'm hit over the head with something extremely hard and painful. And then there is just nothing.