Chapter 13

"Y/N!" Percy reached for you, but he was too late. Thankfully the grappling hook worked and you were able to swing yourself around the scaffolding and land behind Percy.

"Yes! Helena! Test 15 has been successfully completed and Prototype 18 is a go!"

"Y/n!" You looked down at Nico, he was frowning. "Don't scare Percy like that!"

"What do you-" You were cut off by a hug from Percy.

"Don't do that again, I thought- I thought-"

"Hey, it's ok." you pulled away from the hug quickly. "I'm fine, don't you trust me?" You raised an eyebrow and started getting down from the scaffolding. When you got down, Nico punched you in the shoulder.

"No scaring people."

"You do it."

"I'm a son of Hades."

"Touché."

"You need to figure out whatever is going on between you and Percy."

"Why? Tell me why, Nico, because I don't know why I should! He doesn't believe me about Annabeth and gets mad when I try to tell him!" You heard Percy getting down from the scaffolding, but you didn't care. "Hey, Nico, just take Percy and go stop Gramps."

"Fine, but I'm going to help you two figure this out."

"Whatever." You muttered and turned around, going back under the car. "Good luck."

*time skip*

You were bringing a new batch of magical weapons to the main camp. Reynard joined you once you made it out of the forest. He helped with the weapons. As you got closer to the Big House, you heard the clopping of hooves. "Y/n, Reynard, glad you two are here. The battle against Kronos' army will be beginning shortly."

"Thanks!" You dropped the weapons and started to get ready for battle. Before you parted ways with Reynard, the two of you hugged tightly. "Hey, thanks for everything."

"No prob, Y/n. See you at the end of the battle."

*time skip*

You were exhausted, you had been fighting monster after monster, demigod after demigod. You lost count of how many monsters you had burned. Somehow, you had made it to the bridge and saw Percy off to one side. After finishing off a monster, you had a feeling that something bad was going to happen.

Time seemed to slow down.

Percy's back was turned and you saw an arrow flying towards his back. You jumped towards him, wrapping your arms around his waist, and felt the arrow slam into your side.

The pain was immediate.

The two of you rolled to the ground and you rolled off of him. You laid on the ground, feeling like fire was spreading throughout your body. Faintly, you heard Percy yelling your name; but everything soon faded away into black.

*time skip*

Pain.

Immeasurable pain.

One moment, your veins felt on fire and then the other they felt like they were freezing up.

Suddenly, you felt a wave of numbness spread through your aching body. The pain dimmed enough for you to open your eyes. You were met with blinding light and had to slowly blink before your eyes adjusted. You groaned as the pain in your head subsided enough for your vision to clear.

"Chiron, she's up!" You heard the clop of hooves and saw Chiron come into view, but so did Percy.

"My child, how are you feeling?" You coughed, unable to form words. Your throat was too dry. "Percy, get her some water!" Percy left your view and then came back with a glass of water. He helped you drink the water.