I Prayed For You - Chapter 06

Wat was waiting anxiously in the room, half out of his mind. Tine's phone was switched off and he couldn't find him anywhere. Man and Boss were out looking for him, driving around campus.

"Tine, fuck, don't you ever run away from me like that ever again" he shouted, jumping up as soon as Tine opened the door.

Wat didn't trust himself to not do anything weird or extra, like pinning Tine to the door and kissing him till he dropped as punishment. So he just sat back lamely on his bed.

"I'm sorry, Wat. You must have been worried for me. I'm really sorry" said Tine. He plugged his phone to a charger and waited for it to boot up. He felt guilty when he saw all the messages and missed calls.

He called Boss to tell him he was safely back in the room and apologized sincerely to Man and Boss, thanking them for their concern.

Wat stared at him as he walked silently around the room, keeping his bag in place, taking his change of clothes out of his cupboard, bringing his towel in from the rack outside.

He waited for Tine to explain. Nothing.

He sat smouldering on his bed as Tine went to have a shower and came out a good twenty minutes later.

His temper simmered just underneath his skin as Tine wordlessly brought his books, notebooks and pens to the bed and began studying.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now, Teepakorn" he burst out. Tine winced at his tone and volume.

"Where the hell were you? Why didn't you answer my calls? Why the fuck do people just run away from me all the time without telling me why?"

Tine kept his eyes on his book. He wasn't entirely sure what to say.

Wat took a deep breath and Tine prepared himself for more scolding.

Instead, Wat spoke in that soft tone that he reserved only for Tine.

"In two more weeks, my leg will be strong enough for me to start running again. If you ever feel like pulling a stunt like this again, do it after that so I can at least chase after you. I felt so pathetic hobbling behind you today."

Tine's heart wrenched painfully in his chest. Wat, what are you doing to me?

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way, Wat. And noted about the two week timeline. I'll mark it in my calendar" said Tine with a small smile, turning a page.

"Are you mad at me or something? You're not even looking at me" asked Wat sadly, pouting and looking utterly downcast.

First had described him as a puppy. Tine couldn't help agreeing. Wat's lost, pouty, puffy expression didn't help his heart or do anything to lessen the intense yearning to clasp Wat to his chest and pepper his face with kisses.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed by a lot of things. I'll be alright, I promise" said Tine.

Wat didn't know what to say. He lay back on the bed feeling uncertain and unsure.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in any way, Tine. Just tell me what I did wrong. I'll do better. I'll change" said Wat softly.

Tine couldn't bring himself to stay distant from Wat any longer. The defeat and helpless confusion in Wat's voice was too much for him to bear.

"You've done nothing wrong, Wat. Neither with me nor with First" assured Tine.

"You don't know that" whispered Wat, turning to his side with his back to Tine.

"I do know it, but don't ask me how. One day very soon, when you're ready to understand it, you'll hear the whole truth. But for now, I want you to trust me.