Coffee, Rain and You

A/N : A short tweetfic that I published on my Twitter handle @/mixi_who_writes

Inspired by Hospital Playlist (Ik-Jun x Song-Hwa)

-----

W sighed as he closed his laptop finally and rested his eyes on the heels of his palms.

It was past 1:30 am and he was the only one still working. The rest had left the office long ago like sane people with lives to live.

W stretched, packed his bag and walked to the elevator.

---

He was busy scrolling on his phone for takeaway restaurants that may still be open when he stepped into the lobby.

"Win" called a soft voice. W looked up in surprise.

"Vachi, what are you still doing here? I thought you left hours ago" said W, surprised to see him.

---

"You were so nervous about the presentation, I couldn't leave you by yourself. I've got food" said B, holding up two bags.

W felt his tiredness leaving him like a sponge squeezed dry.

"You're the best roomie ever. Fuck, I could kiss you right now" said W.

B laughed lightly.

---

They sat on their favourite bench right outside the office. The shrubs and trees seemed eerie in the dead of the night. But W felt safe, like he always did with B.

"Did you manage to finish the deck?" asked B. W nodded and bit into his burger.

"And the forecast model?" asked B

---

"Mhmm" said W, munching happily.

B smiled at the sight and shook his head. He reached out his thumb to wipe mayo off the corner of W's lips.

"Here" said B, handing W a drink. W took a long sip and sighed with contentment.

"I've done the best I can, Vachi. But I'm still worried"

---

"Don't be. You're going to kill it tomorrow. I just know it" said B reassuringly.

And when he said it that way, W had no choice but to believe him truly and completely.

They finished eating and W watched as B jogged away behind some trees to the trash bin. He felt a twinge.

---

W breathed a lot easier with he saw B jogging back to him.

"Let's go home" said B, and they walked to the parking lot.