1 | reunion

Yongsun loved going by her English name - Solar. That was a cool name. Just like herself.

She ran a Youtube channel called Solarsido with a few hundred thousands of subscribers, those who liked videos of her experience.

Sometimes Yongsun would call for input from me and the other two house mates. But most of the time, my ideas were ignored.

    “Your idea is. . .ok but spending 4 hours working on meditation painting is a bit. . .too popular, don't you think so? I need something energetic and unique.”

Yongsun circled my idea with a Sharpie on an A0-sized paper which was already full of text.

Had she not want to let me down, she would have strike through my idea of making meditation painting.

    “Unique?” - Hyejin crawled on the bed speaking up with her husky voice - “It's difficult, unnie. You have done quite a few unique things.”

Hyejin concluded her statement with a yawning.

Hyejin was literally my shadow - or I was hers? - as we had been together since secondary school.

She was a wedding planner but at the same time, part-timer at a few other jobs, as long as it generated money and filled up her schedule.

That's why she usually looked lazy at home - she had used up all her energy at work.

    “I heard recent trend is about doing common stuff, of course with attractive storytelling”

Byul Yi spoke up next to me with a matter-of-fact tone.

She was the second oldest in the house, yet the most mature and calm.

Despite being part of a music producing team Byul Yi liked it logical, so she wanted to research and back things up before making a statement.

I bet she had just spoken up after going through no less than ten articles about trends.

     “If that's the case” - Hyejin rose up from her place with a yoga pose - “How about living a day as Wheeinie? Her life is the most normal among us, right?”

I shot her a glance askew as Hyejin stuck out her tongue at me. She is clearly mocking me.

But Yongsun, on the other hand, found it interesting. She thumbed up at Hyejin.

     “MCing a radio program sounds great Hyejin ah. That's quite different from my channel's vibe.”

I pouted. Excuse me, who has just “criticized” that my idea lacks of energy?

     “But Wheein ah” - Byul Yi glances at me - “Does Yongsun need approval or something?”

I shook my head.

     “They are quite easy. You just need to do your job well as I have already settled the script.”

     “So” - Yongsun's face brightened - “Tomorrow, right?”

     “Up to you. I just need to give them a call. Lucky you that I really want a day-off.”

I was dreaming of a chilling Friday, relaxing with a cup of mocha and spending time on my ongoing novel which I would never have the chance to get it published.

But the dream had been extinguished.

Totally.

     “No no no” - Yongsun shook her head and grabbed her phone. She had tons of things to do every week so her schedule was full of notes - “I have class tomorrow at Pyeonghwa.”