15 | space for two

I had been to music concerts with the Mamamoo girls, been to music bar with Seulgi but this would be the first time I had ever been to a music and camping festival with colleagues other than Seulgi.

And for my companions, the trip would be as special as it was to me. It would also be their first time to go camping without their classmates or friends-who-are-guys.

But above all, this was the first activity among us four that took place outside the Purple Line setting.

So are we looking forward to it? Somehow, yes.

If you deem spending days preparing food for it and being unable to sleep the night before the event was a sign of too much excitement.

"Oh, you're going somewhere this early?"

Byulyi asked me with her sleepy voice as she got downstairs and saw me stuffing my mouth with sandwiches for breakfast.

"The camp" - I replied, almost choking on the dry sandwich.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. The camp with Taehyung. . ."

". . .and two other friends."

I snapped at her right away. Ever since learning that Taehyung was an old connection of Byulyi and I had a weekly schedule of get-together with him (along with Juyeon and Hongsol) every Thursday night, the Mamamoo girls - especially Hyejin - had been randomly throwing teasing about me and him.

Having acknowledged that it was plain and harmless jokes, I sometimes did feel uncomfortable.

Yet Hyejin showed no intention to stop.

Thankfully, Byulyi was not as stubborn as Hyejin. She just put on a knowing smile and started stretching her body for some simple exercises.

"No need for justification Wheein ah."

"Erm. . .I need to make it clear and transparent just in case." - I hissed and jumped out of my seat as my phone vibrated, signaling a call from Taehyung. - "Gotta go now. See you tomorrow."

"Have fun. Bring us gifts if you can."

"Geez, unnie. What do you expect to bring back from a camp?" - I snorted, slinging my backpack onto my shoulders and grabbing the remaining packed sandwiches before hastening away - "But I'll look for something at the stops."

I dashed out of the house and found Taehyung waiting for me next to a beige van outside. Despite looking a bit old, the van brought about a vintage vibe that would went well with camping.

And Taehyung's outfit of simple white tee, red checkered flannel shirt and dark blue jeans even complimented the vibe.

He welcomed me with a bright smile and a familiar playful voice tone.

"You're really fast. Ain't you been longing for me?"

"Daydreaming, huh?" - I stuck out my lower lip and handed him the sandwiches - "Here, take this."

"Nice." - His eyes sparkled at the scene of the simple sandwiches I had prepared. - "I haven't had breakfast yet."

"You could've picked me up at the office." - I took off my backpack and was about to walk over to the back seat of the van. I had made up my mind for that seat last night. - "It would spare you a little more time for breakfast."

Right. Taehyung could have let me take subway to the office and he would pick me up there, along with Juyeon and Hongsol.

But he didn't.

He insisted on the other two coming to the office and promised to pick me up from my house.

"Her house is on my way to the office but yours aren't."