10 | language of love

Weeks passed and I gradually got used to the additional presence of Taehyung, Juyeon and Hongsol in my circle of connection

The expansion might sound insignificant but given that my network was composed of separate connections that were unrelated to each other, gaining three new friends at a time and hanging out as a whole was truly an achievement.

We even built a habit, in which Juyeon was always the earliest in the morning to visit the café.

He would be there, sipping on his favorite iced Americano and helping Hongsol sort out the playlist of the day as I was the second to join them while Taehyung always came last to grab his purple sweet potato Frappuccino, whining at the overcrowding traffic and even his increasing intake of artificial sweet potato powder.

At work, Juyeon also fixed his seat to be the station right in front of me, which made it easier for him to gather me and Taehyung to the canteen for lunch. Meanwhile, Taehyung dropped by my station more frequently, to secretly throw me and Juyeon some snack or simply fetch a piece of cake from Hongsol.

And Hongsol, being ambitious to create a more diverse menu for the café, often asked us to be the first to taste her latest experiments, from which the Purple sweet potato Frappuccino made it to the menu and became Taehyung's favorite.

Our talks, due to those constant interactions, started to expand further to our personal life.

Yet despite how many tokens of warmth I had received from them, I hadn't done anything to them.

I should, right?

At least buy a lunch for the two guys. Or get Hongsol a new canvas bag as the girl adored my handmade ones a lot.

I set my mind on that idea quite quickly and planned to ask Hyejin to go with me to the store for some drawing supplies at weekends as well as set aside some time to explore a few options for lunch near the office.

Saturday morning, I woke up to the sound from the TV program that Hyejin turned on as she got up.

Some kind of English-speaking program that I didn't even bother to understand at this early hour.

"What's on, Hyejin ah?" - I didn't even listen to myself as I murmured sleepily to Hyejin.

"Scooby Doo" - replied Hyejin from next to me, sound amused. She must be enjoying the show.

I scrambled to sit up, rubbing my eyes. Somehow I didn't know why Hyejin chose to watch Scooby Doo but it was always broadcasted at this time at weekends.