6 | new friends

The gymnasium was crowded with over 300 employees from Purple Line's headquarter and its metropolitan branches

They were here for the annual Fitness Day, an event to promote healthy lifestyle among the staff as well as increase engagement.

This year, the company had made huge investment to turn it into a competition among divisions with promising big prizes for the winners.

Not being a keen sport lover, I didn't come here for competition but for helping out Seulgi, in case she needed someone outside her organizing team to run adhoc errands, which also happened last year.

"Please... always remember that you have problem with your vocal cord. Don't overuse it no matter what."

Yongsun had warned me so as I left for the gymnasium but I just reassured her that I wasn't rooting for anyone to cheer my heart out.

And the job I was responsible for, distributing electrolytes drinks to the participants and supporters in this cramped hydration booth, surely didn't require much use of my vocal cord but my physical strength and facial muscles to keep smiling all the time.

"Hey!"

Someone tapped my shoulders as I was wiping my sweats, having just completed the delivery of a full 12-bottle eletrolyte drink package to the Commercial division's female futsal team.

Yes, it was Jung Wheein doing physical work at the drinking booth instead of joining a sport activity, but never mind, I just didn't like competition.

I turned around to find Taehyung in the Back Office Division's purple running uniform grinning at me.

"Want some masculine help?"

He asked and pointed his chin towards the drinks packages behind me.

I didn't tell Taehyung via our brief chat last night that I would be at the event, so it was all a coincidence that we met here.

I didn't expect to see him in the running uniform of our Back Office division, a black and white sweatband on his head, either.

However, it was not Taehyung that shocked me. It was the person next to him that had me stare in confusion.

"Hello Wheein noona!"

The person did take my confusion for granted as if he had got used to me looking so confused.

Ok, I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised at all to see Lee Juyeon standing next to Kim Taehyung in front of me at that time.