14 | grand plan

Autumn was slowly coming to an end. The coverage of golden foliage was narrowed down in the city. The carpet of crunchy brown fallen leaves got thicker and the tree branches became more exposed. The atmosphere was no longer chilling like a few weeks ago. And along with the awareness that days were getting shorter and shorter, late autumn looked dull to me.

Saturday welcomed me with a hazy sky, which, to Byulyi's disappointment, was her least favorite condition for photographing.

"I hate using too much dehaze but it's just so smoggy." said Byulyi, grumpily swiping through the photos she had taken before we got on the bus.

I would want to say something to comfort her but couldn't think for anything aside the thought that smoggy photos had their own beauty. So I just grinned.

"There'll be another better day though."

Next to me, Hyejin yawned and leaned on my shoulder for a nap. She even snatched my left earbud for a sneak peek of the demo recording for next week's FM the 9th hour session that I was playing.

"Don't you think your voice and that Taehyung guy's match so perfectly?"

She asked randomly and I just shrugged in response.

"Just matching is enough. No need for perfectly."

Hyejin laughed at me while her eyes still shut.

"Come on Wheein ah, if it's a fact, accept it."

We were taking an early bus to a nearby town, where Yongsun and Eric had arrived yesterday.

It was not a normal trip at all. Instead, this would be the occasion for proposal that Eric had planned for weeks. With our support, of course.

Eric called me during lunch time one day, explaining that he would like to propose to Yongsun with a surprise event and he would be grateful if her sisters were there to witness and congratulate them.

I agreed at once, it was something I've been longing for anyway. Hyejin was a bit reluctant then as she foresaw business travel overlapping but in the end, here we are together all looking forward to the show tonight.

I fixed the collar of my shirt and straighten the blazer's sleeves as I was waiting for my turn to walk out to the pavilion by the beach, where Yongsun and Eric were about to have their dinner.

Eric had booked for us a room at the resort and we were able to check in without being seen by Yongsun as he had taken her out when we arrived. And when sunset came, it was showtime.

Eric attempted to recreate a movie night on the beach.

Romantic, isn't it?

And for having the most spare time during these days, I volunteered to pick the movie and Eric let me do whatever I wanted, as long as it would link to his ultimate purpose, which was a proposal.

It took me a day for brainstorming, a few more days to execute and now the production would be aired in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

"Awwwwwww!!!!"