Cheers

TW: Alcohol.

It was 7.25pm when Brie texted me, saying that she was there. I went outside, and her car was right in front of my house. Of course she was driving, Scarlett was next to her in the passenger seat, and I recognised Lizzie's familiar face in the back. I opened the door and sat next to her.

"Baby girl, I hope you're ready, cause tonight's going to be the best night you've ever had" Brie almost shouted as she started the car.

"You realize how dirty that sounded, right?" I laughed, earning an eye roll from the blonde woman, and muffled giggles from the two others.

She took us to her favourite bar, which also happened to be my favourite bar. We knew the owner pretty well as we spent a lot of time there. We got drinks, and Scarlett looked right into my eyes, ready to make a toast.

"Don't. Please don't" I begged as I hated the idea of being the centre of attention. Scarlett sighed and placed her drink on the table.

"Then I will" Lizzie spoke up as she raised her drink. "To Y/n, and her new job. I'm glad we'll get to spend time together again" she smiled, her emerald, green eyes meeting mines.

"Again?" Brie whispered in my ear, in a questioning tone.

"I might tell you about it later" I whispered back before taking a sip of my drink. After a few drinks, Brie took my hand, and dragged me to the dance floor, swaying her hips to the music.

"So, again? What was that about?" she asked, leaning closer to my face, so I could hear her.

"Can't we just dance right now?" I tried to avoid the topic and earned another eye roll.

Our song started playing, Brie looked at me, and we both started to sing... well "yell" would be more appropriate, but we didn't really care, we danced until we couldn't even breathe. Scarlett and Lizzie joined us, I missed seeing Lizzie like that, happy, laughing, damn... I missed her smile.

"I'm going to get myself a drink, you want something?" I shouted to get everyone's attention.

"Nah, we're all good darling, thanks" Scarlett answered. They were all a bit more drunk than I was, especially Scarlett and Lizzie as they stayed at the bar, drinking, while Brie and I were already dancing. I walked to the bar, and asked for a Tequila Sunrise, my usual.

"I thought you'd stop ordering that drink one day, I was obviously wrong... still is your favourite one, isn't it?" a very familiar voice spoke up behind me. I turned around to face Sarah, my ex-girlfriend.

"I didn't know you were still hanging out here" I said as I didn't really know what else to tell her.

"And I didn't know you and Lizzie started seeing each other again" she chuckled nodding towards the brunette.

"We're not. We just... we work together" I corrected her.

"Of course, just like you and I used to work together" she playfully teased me. "Well, that's a funny coincidence to see you here, I wanted to call you" she cleared her throat as she said that.

"Why? I mean, is everything okay?" I asked as a hint of worry painted my voice. Sarah and I weren't as close as we used to be, but I still cared about her deeply.

"Oh yes, everything is perfect actually. Holland and I are getting married, and I... I wanted to invite you" she hesitantly explained.

"Oh my god, I knew you two would get married! I'm so happy for you!" I said as I wrapped my arms around her. "I'd be very happy to come to your marriage, Sarah, you know that" I reassured her.

We kept talking for a little while. Sarah and I stayed together for a few years, before I broke up with her, but we stayed good friends even after that. I just knew that we didn't belong together. She met Holland when we were still a thing, she worked with her and I just knew that she belonged with that woman. It was the way she looked at her, and how she talked about her, but she wouldn't leave me, neither would she cheat. I loved her too much to watch her do this to herself, so I solved the problem, I broke up with her. It was incredibly painful, but it was the right thing to do.

When I went back to the others, Scarlett and Brie were sitting at a table, laughing about something, and Lizzie was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Lizzie?" I asked as I placed my hand on Scarlett's shoulder, to catch her attention.

"I think she went to the bathroom" she answered, nodding towards a door.

"I'll go check on her, I'll be right back" I smiled as I made my way to the bathroom. When I opened the door, I found a sick Lizzie leaning over the toilet. I sighed as I stood behind her, and gently grabbed her hair while softly rubbing her back.

"I thought after all those years, maybe, you learnt how to hold alcohol, but jeez... you did not" I playfully mocked her.

"Shut up" she mumbled as she got up. I help her walk to the sink, to rinse her mouth, and handed her some toilet paper, to wipe her face. I couldn't help but laugh, she looked like a five-year-old child who just ate the whole pack of candy before dinner and doesn't understand how she got sick. She was tired, I could see it in her eyes, not just because of the alcohol stuff... there was definitely something going on.

"Are you okay?" I softly whispered; my hand was still placed on her back.

"Could you just... take me home, please" she gave me a weak smile as we walked out of the bathroom.

"Damn Olsen, this is fast" I mocked, earning a playful nudge.

"You're an idiot" she mumbled, a soft smile curling her lips.

"I'm not the one throwing up cause I can't handle a few shots" I mocked her again; I just couldn't help it. She gave me an eye roll, and tried to free herself from my grip, but almost fell on the floor. I helped her to stay steady, and we went back to Brie and Scarlett. Brie had not drink that much, so she was able to drive. We dropped Scarlett at her place, then Lizzie. Brie started to head towards my place. She gave me a quick questioning look; I knew that look. She was about to ask me a question that I probably wouldn't want to answer...