Bonus Chapter 2

"How long do you think you will push this topic further? It's been a month and I have recovered properly. Now what excuse are you going to give me?"

"I have some matters to solve in the court. I won't be able to have a conversation now"

"That's it Yunlan, tonight if you don't come to me I will never let you see my face"

"Wei, don't say that!"

"Then? Why aren't you talking to me?"

"That...I....It's just....I....."

"Let's talk tonight after dinner. Meet me near the pond"

Wei walks out of Yunlan's private room and leaves him all alone. Yunlan sighs dejectedly. "What will I tell him now? How long can I avoid it? I am sure if I talk to him he will ask me to let him go. I cannot bear to let him go after I saw his lifeless body. I won't be able to bear it the second time. What shall I do?"

As Yunlan was thinking for other ways Zhing walks in the room. "Father!"

"Ah.... Zhing, what are you doing here? Did you finish your training?"

"Yes! I just came to invite you for a game of chess and I see that you are occupied in your thoughts"

"It's nothing, I won't be able to join you I have lots of pending work"

"Okay!" Zhing just stands there and stares at Yunlan for a while "Father, can I say something to you?"

"What is it?"

"If something's bothering you, you can share it with me."

"It's not something to be discussed Zhing. Also, you are young. You won't be able to understand"

"If you talking about love I do understand Father. I have known mother for roughly a year now. Even though he is not my biological mother, he gave me all the love a mother gives to her son. I know father, you did not like it when mother used to spend time with me. You never saw the relationship between us as a mother and son. You only saw mother spending time with another man. You never trusted mother that you would suspect every men near him. I am sure you thought the same for Tian Ming as well."

"I couldn't stop myself from thinking like that. I loved him too much"

"I know, mother told me the story of how he got into the palace. Do you know why you don't trust him? Because he was someone else's when you tried to get him to be by your side. Mother rejected you at first and it took a long time for him to open his heart for you. Since mother rejected you, that was what only left in your mind. You did not see the sacrifice he made for you. You did not see how he helped you. You did not see his suffering. But he stayed, he came back after he sent Tian Ming away. Why do think he came back Father? Because he loved you"

"But.......he gave birth to that man's child. He loves that man"

"No Father, he loved that man. That man is his past. It's been 12 years now. Did you not feel his love for you? He must not have showed you how much he loved you, but I could see it. Whenever we were together, mother would always talk about you. He would tell me stories about your bravery, about your intelligence, about your kindness. You are all he thinks about Father. If he didn't love you, he would have killed you that day. Why don't you ever think why he didn't kill you? Because he loved you"

"But, I nearly killed him. Does not mean I don't love him?"

"No Father, you are madly in love with our Mother. Your lack of trust got Mother killed. If you just trust him and try to talk to him about what happened, I am sure Mother will forgive you. He is giving you a second chance by staying here. You know Mother can run away from here without anyone knowing? But he stayed and didn't run away. This is your last chance Father, go and talk to Mother and make it all right"