Chapter 23

It was time, Bao Bei lost his senior Han Shen right in front of his eyes and it was all because of Zhao Yunlan. Wei was taken away in the first when he did not want to go. Yunlan kept using Tian Ming to keep Wei from running away from the palace and now he wants to kill me and Tian Ming to hurt Wei. How much detestable can he be. He wants to kill me, I will give him a chance to kill me. I will see how much stronger he is. He took Wei away from me, we had dreams together. He took everything away. I could not even be a father to my own son. How much more disgusting can this creature be. This time I will not let him go, I will kill him and take Wei with me.

Qin Palace

Wei was sitting in his room absentmindedly. He did not show any interest in anything now that his son is not with him. Yunlan tried to feed Wei, but he refused to eat. Yunlan had lost his temper and raised his hand on Wei and hit him across his face for irritating him. Wei was shocked for the first time in 12 years. Yunlan never raised his hand on him and now he was getting irritated with him. He did not even have the right to make his own decisions. Yunlan had given house arrest to Wei. He could not go out of his palace, forget about the main palace. The only places he could visit was Empress Dowager's alter and the pond outside his room. He had become a prisoner in his own home.

As he was losing all the hope to escape a life of imprisonment, he saw a ray of hope when Suchi ran to him and gave him a news he wanted to hear. Bao Bei had entered the Qin palace. But, the bad news was Yunlan got wind up about it and sent soldiers to capture him. When the soldiers went to prison Bao Bei, he showed a token sent by the prince of Yan as a sign of peace making. The general could not ignore that and instead respectfully bought Bao Bei to the palace and let him stay at the guest quarters and went to inform Yunlan about the token.

"Huh, what? He came here for peace making? Did he think I am a fool? The peace making is just a frontier, actually he wants to kill me and take my Wei away from me. Does he think I will let him do that? Let him try his tricks on me. I will show him who I am"

Wei on the other hand had lost all his hopes on Yunlan. The person he fell in love with all these years had changed into a mad man. He would always show his love to me at night, he would force himself on me when I don't want to do it. He stopped thinking about my feelings. He started hurting me more and more, he does not even bother to stop when I cry during our sex. He would also show his anger on me and hit me from time to time. This relationship had become abusive and I was not even able to escape from it. I had marks all over my body which could be cured but the pain could never be healed. This was not the person I fell in love with. He was not my Yunlan anymore. This person had turned into bloodthirsty monster. If he got angry, he would kill his soldiers to vent his anger out. He stopped thinking the importance of his people. All he wanted was to kill my son and Bao Bei. My feelings have started to fade for Yunlan and was overcome by fear.

My only hope was Bao Bei, I wanted to run away from here. I should have gone with Tian Ming when I sent him away. I should have listened to Han Shen when he asked me to come with him. I was so in love with Yunlan that I wanted to stay with him anyhow. But, now I regret that decision and I am paying the prize for my mistake. I have finally decided what to do. I called Suchi and asked her to do something for me.

"You know where the guest quaters are?"

"Yes, my Lord!"

"Can you send this letter to Bao Bei who is a guest over there and tell him I sent this message to him?"

"I will do anything for you My Lord" Suchi takes the letter and bows walking towards the guest quarters.

When Suchi knocks on the guest quarters, Bao Bei opens the door for her. "Yes?"

"My name is Suchi. I am the personal maid of Lord Wei. He has sent this for you"

Bao Bei looks at the letter in his hand and opens it. He was startled when he read the letter and nods his head towards Suchi.

Later in the middle of the night Wei sneaks out with Suchi to the banks of a river and waits for Bao Bei. Suchi stands guard a little farther from Wei and keeps an eye out for anyone else.

"You are here. Lord Wei is waiting for you, please hurry" Bao Bei nods.

Wei was looking at the still water with the reflection of moon on the surface. "WEI!"

Wei turns and finds Bao Bei and he runs to him and hugs him tight. They both stay there together for a while in each others embrace.

"Since when did you decide to lie to me about Tian Ming?"

"Since first time Han Shen took me outside the palace to meet you. I was thinking where can we hide ourselves if I brought Tian Ming and run away with you. His Majesty would have definitely killed you and this is the most I don't wish to see."

"If I knew Tian ming was my son from the beginning, I would never have become a great Swordsmanship. Even if I would be a normal man, I would still give my life to protect both of you"

"I am doing this for you own good Bao Bei. You have fulfilled my grandfather's last wish of his apprentice becoming and great Swordsmanship. Now you have to live your own life. I already asked Han Shen to bring Tian Ming out of the Qin palace. If you insist to still enter the palace you will definitely die. Tian Ming has not seen his biological father yet......"

"Wei, senior apprentice is dead"

"What?"

"Zhao Yunlan had sent soldiers to capture them and they killed him. I was there on time to save Tian Ming but I couldn't save Han Shen. I sent Tian Ming to my master for the time being"

"H-Han Shen is d-dead?"

"Yes! Right now, I have no other choice then to move forward. We do not have a way to turn back now. In my hear the only person I've loved is you Wei"

Wei had tears in his eyes and he hugs Bao Bei back tightly. When Bao Bei perches his chin on Wei's shoulder he winces. Bao Bei takes a step back and enquires about the pain. Wei denies saying just a shoulder pain. But when Bao Bei holds his hands he again winces. This time he slides the sleeves up and looks at the marks on his wrists and hands.

"W-What is all this? Wei? Tell me what is this?"

Wei just bows his head with tears in his eyes and refuses to speak.

"Did he fall so deep as to hit you now? Tell me does he beat you up?"

Wei slowly nods. Bao Bei's anger resurfaces, now he wants to kill Zhao Yunlan so badly. "Why did you not defend yourself? You are a better fighter then him"

"I was in his den Bao Bei, If I defend myself I am afraid he will treat me worse and I don't want that to happen"

"That piece of shit!"