Chapter 12

Wei was missing for a whole day now, the palace was in a chaotic mess. Yunlan had lost his temper when Wei's personal maid hurried towards him to let him know that her Lord was missing. Yunlan had ordered all his guards to search the whole dynasty. But the effort was futile. When one of the guard told Yunlan that he saw 2 guards jump on a horse and ride out of the city early in the morning, Only one had taken a leave absence and his name was Han Shen. Yunlan had no idea who this Han Shen was and why would Wei run away with him.

Next morning, a guard walked in and informed Yunlan about Wei returning back to the palace. When Yunlan enquired where Wei was he was told that they had taken him to the dungeon, angered Yunlan hurries to the dungeon area.

When Wei was bought there he was shocked to see all his maids in the prison. His personal maid was tied to a pole and was badly beaten. He couldn't believe his eyes that they would beat a women this badly. His maid had slashes on her face and chest. She was weak and bleeding profusely. I was so angered by seeing this that I grabbed a knife from a table and held it towards the other guards warning them and went to untie her.

As soon as she saw me she started crying. I felt very bad as I was the reason for their punishment which I never meant to bestow upon them. Jiang Li (Great Empress Dowager's personal maid) stops Wei from going any further.

"Don't come near me! Back off" Wei threatens them with the knife and no one dares to walk close.

A guard tries to stop Jiang Li as well "Jiang Li, the King ordered no punishment on Lord Wei"

"I'm here under Great Empress Dowager's orders to teach Lord Wei some rules. What are you all looking at, go and shave his head as a punishment"

"Come near me if you dare!"

Just then Yunlan walks in "What's going on here? Did I order any punishment on Lord Wei!"

"Your Majesty! I am here under Great Empress Dowager's order"

"Now I am giving you the order, scram!"

"Yes, my Lord"

"No one will hurt Lord Wei without my permission"

"Tell me Wei, The palace is heavily guarded. How did you go out? Did anyone help you to escape?"

"No! I am swordsman, I could easily sneak out without any help"

"Why did you decide to leave now?"

"I didn't want to have a miscarriage"

"Why did you come back when you were looking for freedom?"

"I came back for my son. I couldn't leave him here in this hell hole"

"So you are saying no one helped you and you left on your own?"

"Yes!"

"Why did you leave?"

"I was bored in the palace I went to the nearby village to have fun?"

"Who did you meet?"

"No one, I was alone all the time"

"Okay! I can clearly see you lying through your teeth. But I cannot prove it. Let me show you someone"

Han Shen was tied and bought to the dungeon. As soon as Wei sees him a worried look passes through his face.

"This guard here tells me he had evil intention towards you and forced you to leave the palace. You are saying you escaped from here ALONE. One of you is lying to me. Who is it? Tell me ...whose lying?....You both know each other don't you?.......Fine you don't want to speak, I will consider as you cheated on me Wei. Now Han Shen will be held responsible for keeping my concubine hostage. Guard! Confine Lord Wei inside the Harem. No one should visit him without my permission"