Chapter 2

238 BC

Yunlan becomes a sovereign after the coronation. Yunlan was born in handan, he was formally known as Zi Yunlan. As a hostage he was bullied by the neighborhood, people tried to protect him when the armies tried to kill him. This incident was etched in his memory. He changed his name as Zhao Yunlan when he became the Qin Emperor. He was 13 years old when he ascended the throne, but was still suppressed by the Empress Dowager and the chancellor. He was their puppet before but now he is ready to rule the world. He has made sure that Chancellors life is miserable and he banished The Empress Dowager, his mother to the Hangdong palace where he forbade them to ever step foot out as a punishment.

Yunlan was sitting on his throne magnificently and proud of himself. His subjects were gathered in Taihe hall were all the concerns are addressed. A moment later guards brought in few commoners into the hall and they immediately kneeled in front of the emperor and begged for mercy.

"You tried to create havoc in my city.  Why do you all think I must forgive you?"

"Your Majesty, we were wrong please forgive us"

"Scheming to kill me is not a matter to be forgiven. What example will I show the others if I let you all go. They will think I am easy to take in. They should know what we do with the people who commit treason in their motherland. Guards! Hang the offenders in the square. Let the villagers know what kind of Emperor I am, never to mess with"

The guards bowed and pulled the offenders out of the hall, while they kept begging the King to forgive them. Baiyu steps out of the corner as everyone takes their leave.

"Gege, are you sure these are the men who tried to kill you before?"

"No, but they are the follower of the person who tried to kill me"

"Then you are still in danger. We need to find their master"

"Don't worry Baiyu, I know who it is and I am personally going to catch him"

Yunlan walk out of the Taihe hall and asks his guards to prepare 3 horses. Yunlan, Beiyu and his general get dressed as a normal civilian and trudges towards the village to catch the culprit. They go into a restaurant and take a seat. They know this is the best place to get whereabouts of Luyong. The villagers gather here to discuss and gossip about others. And they were sure to hear anyone speak about Luyong here.

As they were keeping keen eyes on all the occupied tables, two drunk people get up from their seat and try to exit the building. They were so drunk that they try to flirt with the lady who walks into the restaurant. All witness the drunk men abusing the women and no one helps her. Just then Yunlan gets up and beats the shit out of the two people. As he was focused on one drunk man another tries to strike him from behind. But someone else hits the drunk man and makes him unconscious. Yunlan turns around and looks up to see none other than Bao Bei.

Yunlan watches Bao Bei and Shen Wei and approaches them to offer his thanks. "You two warriors have good skills"

"You as well" answers Bao Bei.

"Thank you for lending me your hand. Why don't I treat you both for a drink and we can be friends?"

Bao Bei looks at Wei and he nods at him. They indeed needed some drinks to get out of sorrow of their Master's death. After a while, Yunlan, Wei and Bao Bei are the only ones who are not fully drunk. Tensing (General) and Bai Yu were passed out beside them. Wei was the one who carried fully drunk Bao Bei back to the room and laid him down on the bed.

As he covered a blanket over him Bao Bei catches hold of Wei's hand and mumbles in drunken state. "I finally got you. Don't ever leave me.....Weii....."